Author Topic: Hmmmm good news from Honda?  (Read 4065 times)

Sharon

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2004. Mk1
Hmmmm good news from Honda?
« on: December 16, 2017, 11:47:57 AM »
Hi all. A main dealer - who I never use because they are far too expensive - sent me a letter today. It said "Honda UK have asked us to contact you regarding some good news about your vehicle registration number (mine). Please call me on ******* quoting your ref number for futher info". Signed Mr blah blah, General Sales Manager.

So, is there a new recall notice? And if so, why is it 'good news'? Or is this some sales fishing tactics?('Honda have agreed to pay u you such a price as part ex for a new car etc etc") Before I call them on Monday, I'm just wondering if anyone else had any info - or such a note?

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
Re: Hmmmm good news from Honda?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2017, 11:58:37 AM »
From what I have seen on other forums they are just touting for business.

bill ericay

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2016 Civic Sport 1.8 Orchid White
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2017, 12:03:48 PM »
I've had similar in the past - the good news is they want to give you a brilliant p/x offer for your car against a new one. December, quiet month for new car sales, clutching at straws etc . :)

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2017, 02:01:58 PM »
I have had 3 emails over the last month, each from Honda dealers (I have bought a car from 3 different ones over the years) all boasting about great trade in figures and cheap finance. They do struggle to move stock at this time of year.

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2017, 11:24:56 PM »
Usual offer likely to include your new Jazz at cost price...... whatever that is.

Sharon

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2004. Mk1
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2017, 11:32:06 PM »
My Jazz is a 2004 vintage. Never let me down once. Not sure what they'd be giving me for a px but cant see it being worthwhile.  :(

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2017, 09:34:45 AM »
I think they're being a bit optimistic if they think that someone driving 10+ year old cars is likely to shell out for a brand new Honda. More likely they will be pushing PCP deals - you could cast off your old banger and keep up with the neighbours with a brand new car!

Last time I bought a brand new car was 28 years ago!

LJs JAZZ

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2012 1.4 es cvt
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2017, 10:05:42 AM »
I think most car makes are pushing deals at this time of year .I run a VW as well,they are more or less giving away diesels now!!

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2017, 10:31:04 AM »
I think most car makes are pushing deals at this time of year .I run a VW as well,they are more or less giving away diesels now!!

I'm not surprised, the new breed of small turbocharged petrol engines are great to drive, and on paper, offer near-diesel levels of fuel economy. On top of that, the Chancellor has just forced the first year road tax charge for diesels a group higher than they would otherwise be.

How these small, highly stressed petrol engines will last is another matter... although the complexity of modern diesel engines hasn't done much for the diesel's reputation for reliability either.

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2017, 11:30:17 AM »
I used to get emails like this every December, a new Honda from stock with massive saving. They get the money back through meeting end of year/quarter targets or as is often the case these days, signing the customer up for a new PCP. I wouldn't be surprised if most profit is made from meeting targets and PCP bonuses than on the actual car.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2017, 04:04:05 PM »
On top of that, the Chancellor has just forced the first year road tax charge for diesels a group higher than they would otherwise be.
If I was buying a brand new car, this would hardly sway me. If it was every year, it would make a difference.

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2017, 09:09:47 PM »
On top of that, the Chancellor has just forced the first year road tax charge for diesels a group higher than they would otherwise be.
If I was buying a brand new car, this would hardly sway me. If it was every year, it would make a difference.

Don't forget that the smaller previously £0-£30 tax diesels registered after April 2017 have all been crippled with an increase to £140 annual tax, as it is. A small under 120g/km diesel which would have previously been rated at £30 per year, will now be subject to £200 first year payment and then £140 per year thereafter.

The tax band increase on diesels could mean £500 more tax on larger diesels, and the first year payment for a modest family car with 131g/km emissions increasing from £200 to £500. Not inconsiderable, and it's money you will never see again.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 09:19:45 PM by sparky Paul »

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2017, 09:50:39 PM »
Having no interest or intention of ever owning a diesel I have never looked at what it costs to tax one, but I thought that all vehicles, petrol and diesel, had gone up the same, prior to this recent budget.

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2017, 11:26:03 PM »
The Chancellor had a re-think in this budget and bunged all the diesels up a group.

owen

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Blue 2002
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2017, 12:02:29 PM »
We drove our Mark I Jazz to the dealer and test drove the lastest model a couple months ao.  It didn't seem much better, just newer.  So we've saved our money and just keep driving the 'old banger'.  Seems that's the problem with Honda's, you but the car and never returned to by a new one, they just last forever!

Tags:

anything