Author Topic: How do I set up an HUD connected to OBD2 in a Honda Jazz 2017 model?  (Read 1912 times)

guest7289

Hello!

I own a 2017 make Honda Jazz in India. I am interested in trying an HUD for my car.
However, I am not even sure it is possible. Could you kindly let me know if my car is ODB2 compliant? I have read many posts and articles and they all say it is but haven't come across any official document yet.
Next, if it is, is there an OBD2 port under the steering wheel (like most articles on the internet have claimed) or somewhere I can access? I tried looking for one and could really not find it anywhere.

And, finally, if my car does have an OBD2 port and if I attach an after market/ unbranded HUD device which claims to display tons of things on the windscreen, are these devices just read only? I mean, they just receive data and display OR do they also try to act smart and change some things in my car? I have read people say "the initial pickup increased, the mileage got better" etc and that got me worrying.

Thanks for your help.
Karthik

Skyrider

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.5 Sport CVT.
Re: How do I set up an HUD connected to OBD2 in a Honda Jazz 2017 model?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2017, 08:40:04 AM »
On the UK spec car the OBD port is just out of sight behind the trim beneath the steering wheel at the center console end. If you run your fingers along the bottom of the trim you will feel a small rectangular plastic block, this is the port.

Do you really want to plug an unbranded, unapproved, device into a new car? Honda spent many millions of Yen developing the car, is your  box going to improve on their research? Good luck with the warranty if it damages your electronics.

guest7289

• Topic Starter
Re: How do I set up an HUD connected to OBD2 in a Honda Jazz 2017 model?
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2017, 08:54:08 AM »
Thanks for the response and the advice too. What you say makes sense. Not worth it, I agree.

Tags:

anything