Author Topic: Honda Connect / MirrorLink / Sygic Car Navigation Issues  (Read 5312 times)

guest7280

Honda Connect / MirrorLink / Sygic Car Navigation Issues
« on: December 06, 2017, 07:50:12 PM »
Hi there,
I have recently upgraded from a '53 Jazz to a 2016 EX and am experiencing issues trying to MirrorLink the aprroved Sygic Car Navigation app.

I am running it on a Samsung Galaxy S7 on which it works perfectly and having ensured I have the latest rev of the Connect software at the dealers I should be able to use it on MirrorLink.

I can link it OK and bring up the app on-screen. It works OK for a while but the audio voice instructions keep cutting out randomly so you get half a command then all of one then none at all, then a word or half a command again and after a while the app is likely to hang altogether.

Grrrrr! :o

I have scoured the web, Youtube et al to find a solution and have tried everything to no avail.

Really frustrating to be so close and yet so far form having a fully functioning Sat Nav on MirrorLink.

Does anyone else have a similar experience or know a way to fix this problem?

Any help would be more than welcomed.

andruec

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: (ex)Jazz Mk3 EX-t
Re: Honda Connect / MirrorLink / Sygic Car Navigation Issues
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2017, 08:04:59 PM »
You seem to have got further than most of us. Last I tried I concluded that the version of Mirrorlink that the Honda uses (old and deprecated same as the software running the infotainment unit) just wasn't compatible with the modern version on phones.

All I ever manage with my S7 Edge was an acknowledgement by the infotainment unit that a Mirrorlink device was attached then my phone screen went black and required a reboot to come back. That was a year ago though and I think I read that Mirrorlink 2 (the modern version) was going to get compatibility with the older version so perhaps they rolled that out finally.

ColinB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz 1.3 SE manual in Milano Red
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2017, 08:28:07 PM »
Others are reporting success with mounting Sygic & Google Maps on the Connect system itself, ie not bothering with MirrorLink at all, see this:
https://clubjazz.org/forum/index.php?topic=9641.msg54131#msg54131
Not tried it myself, I'm kind of used to using my phone as a stand-alone nav system.

andruec

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: (ex)Jazz Mk3 EX-t
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2017, 09:32:42 PM »
Others are reporting success with mounting Sygic & Google Maps on the Connect system itself, ie not bothering with MirrorLink at all, see this:
https://clubjazz.org/forum/index.php?topic=9641.msg54131#msg54131
Not tried it myself, I'm kind of used to using my phone as a stand-alone nav system.
If you use your phone as a music source you can have satnav instructions sent over the car's audio system along with music so the two aren't competing.

guest7280

• Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2017, 11:22:27 AM »
Thanks for that Colin, I did read the thread but unsure how to implement it as Cmdroid is in a foreign language and also I have purchased a Sygic Car Nav licence. Would it require a further licence, does the connect system have enough memory to download maps/can it be used in offline mode?  The only major issue I have currently is the voice instructions cutting out. The speakers do work even if listening to music on another usb source.  The driver speaker fades in and out with the instructions. It is just that the instructions themselves cut out. This happens even if no music is played or audio switched off. As I said before, so close.....there must be a way!

guest7238

• Topic Starter
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2017, 02:21:05 PM »
I still haven't managed to get Sygic working, but I successfully downloaded CoPilot from CMDroid and it works well offline. The only thing I haven't managed to do is get the text-to-speech output working to speak street names etc., but that is maybe a problem with the head unit as it won't let me listen to an example so maybe doesn't work.

guest7238

• Topic Starter
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2017, 03:01:55 PM »

guest7280

• Topic Starter
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2017, 12:09:20 PM »
Hi Jaggyjim, sorry for being thick but can you install co pilot on the head unit or to your phone? If the head unit, how do you do it as I can only find instructions in Cmdroid in Portuguese? Is there a simple way to do it?
Thanks,
Mark

guest7238

• Topic Starter
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2017, 04:20:07 PM »
I installed it on the head unit from CMDroid. There are various instructions on forums on the web on how to do it. I'll look some up, or try to summarize what I did, and get back to you.

Tags: