Author Topic: Spare Wheel 16"  (Read 7568 times)

guest4871

Re: Spare Wheel 16"
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2017, 04:33:09 PM »
You can lift the carpet out quite easily.

Find the screw thread.

Then cut a flap in the carpet with a sharp Stanley knife (cut only 3 sides a the square).

Fold this flap back to use the bolt.

When you want to return the car to normal the flap will sit back flat and nicely into the hole where you originally cut the carpet and will not show.

You could tape the underside of the flap when you have finished with the bolt hole if you wished.

John A

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2016 Honda Jazz CVT
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2017, 07:17:00 AM »
When trying to find the nut to hold the wheel down I was doing it by feel. After lifting the carpet up I could see that there's some polystyrene between the carpet and the wheel well floor which made feeling for the nut effectively impossible.

All sorted now  :)

Rory

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 EX Manual - gone to a family member. Still look after it, and a 2014 EX driven by daughter.
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2017, 08:17:01 PM »
There's also a polystyrene tray that Honda sell as part of their spacesaver spare kit that sits above the tyre to better support the boot floor (which is thin and flimsy).

Is that needed?  The floor seems to support itself OK when there's no spare there.

I got a 15" space-saver & securing bolt off eBay the other day for our 2014 EX which has 16" wheels - I believe it's the same space-saver for vehicles with both 15" and 16" wheels, Honda has two part numbers and apparently the only difference is the size/pressure label stuck on the wheel.

Tags:

anything