Author Topic: Is it a car or van?  (Read 5325 times)

Skyrider

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.5 Sport CVT.
Is it a car or van?
« on: October 31, 2017, 01:37:33 PM »
I think both! This morning I got a drop leaf table and five chairs in my Jazz. A bit of a jigsaw puzzle but it all went in with room to spare with the back seats dropped. The jazz is more versatile than some estate cars I have owned.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
Re: Is it a car or van?
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2017, 01:44:59 PM »
It is certainly the most versatile car I have ever owned.

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2017, 02:15:28 PM »
You do wonder why so many other car makers continue to get it so wrong. All rear seats should fold completely flat as they do in the Jazz. The other thing is how many small cars are suitable for tall people in both the front and the back - not that many.

andruec

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: (ex)Jazz Mk3 EX-t
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2017, 02:32:54 PM »
Yeah I got a fence panel in mine once. I kept scraping my ear against it but it was okay.

I still say that the Mk2 was better than the Mk3 though. That boot floor panel was really well thought out and effective. Better than the floppy cardboard and polystyrene space waster we have now. Well..I used to have. I've thrown it away now and use the uncarpetted wheel well for storing some golf stuff. With some MDF to take the weight of the rest of my golf equipment.

Way to go, Honda :(

guest1372

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2017, 03:40:18 PM »
While loading something long in another car...  'Lets just recline the front passenger seat, oh it only goes back to 40° or so... hmm.'
--
TG

madasafish

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 ES CVT -2012
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2017, 06:16:08 PM »
My Mark 2  takes four full beehives complete with bees..Try getting that is a Ford Fiesta...

VicW

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 07 Plate Civic 1.8 i-Shift.
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2017, 07:13:56 PM »
That's a lot of seat belts!

Vic.

jazzway

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2010 — 1.4 iShift Elegance — Storm Silver — GG3 L13Z2 3rd gen.
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2017, 07:41:13 PM »
You do wonder why so many other car makers continue to get it so wrong. All rear seats should fold completely flat as they do in the Jazz. The other thing is how many small cars are suitable for tall people in both the front and the back - not that many.
That flat floor when the seats are down was one of the main reasons we chose the Jazz! We have 2 small dogs and there's a dog crate in the car. With the bigger rear seat down it fits to the back of the driver seat (left in NL), and there's still a rear seat for a passenger and most of the boot free for the weekly shoppings and other things.

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2017, 08:16:17 PM »
Your car always looks immaculate Jazzway.

guest7207

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2017, 11:33:09 PM »
That flat floor when the seats are down was one of the main reasons we chose the Jazz! We have 2 small dogs and there's a dog crate in the car. With the bigger rear seat down it fits to the back of the driver seat (left in NL), and there's still a rear seat for a passenger and most of the boot free for the weekly shoppings and other things.

Jazzway your car always has shine on it also Honda's are always the best...

jazzway

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
Is it a car or van?
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2017, 12:22:19 PM »

Thanks! But it was an old photo. Okay, a month ago i did the winterprep and the Jazz is the shiniest of the street again, hahaha.  This month it goes for service to the garage and then she's really ready for the winter.

@Andy83 Are you THE Andy83 from Honda Karma? Because you're only 3 days on Clubjazz and i don't post so many photos here.

guest7207

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2017, 01:06:11 PM »

Thanks! But it was an old photo. Okay, a month ago i did the winterprep and the Jazz is the shiniest of the street again, hahaha.  This month it goes for service to the garage and then she's really ready for the winter.

@Andy83 Are you THE Andy83 from Honda Karma? Because you're only 3 days on Clubjazz and i don't post so many photos here.
Hello Jazzway I sure am  :D and hoping soon to get a jazz sorted..
Thanks
Andy

jazzway

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2017, 05:34:00 PM »
Thanks
Andy
I wasn't sure with another profile an without tapatalk icon. ;) But on the other hand, how many Honda loving Andy's from '83 and knowing my Jazz are there, hahaha.
I read you are without car on HK so i am glad to learn now you're getting a Jazz!!

guest7207

« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2017, 05:47:15 PM »
Thanks
Andy
I wasn't sure with another profile an without tapatalk icon. ;) But on the other hand, how many Honda loving Andy's from '83 and knowing my Jazz are there, hahaha.
I read you are without car on HK so i am glad to learn now you're getting a Jazz!!
Thanks mate for me Honda is in the blood 8) :)

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2017, 05:53:55 PM »
Just on this general topic I have been mulling over getting an electric car at some point or, possibly, a hybrid.

But you realise, if you are a Jazz owner, what you'd be missing out on. We've talked about the flexible and convenient load carrying aspect but there are no other small cars with such a huge cabin. The legroom in the back is fantastic even with the front seats pushed all the way back (and even as 6 footer I don't need to do that).

There is a Toyota dealer opposite me and I had a look round a Yaris hybrid last week. Not bad but the boot was tiny, the rear leg room wasn't that great and the front seats weren't as supportive as those on the Jazz. My mate has a 66 plate Fiesta with the 1.0 litre eco boost engine. Bit more get up and go than the Jazz and definitely more composed on bendy roads but tiny boot, seats don't fold flat and the leg room in the back isn't great.

If they add a hybrid to the current range, then, along with the 1.3 engine and the new 1.5, they will have a formidable lineup.

Tags: