Author Topic: Best Jazz  (Read 7094 times)

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
Re: Best Jazz
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2017, 09:37:03 AM »
The cc's are not very different but the power and torque are.
My 1.2 i-DSi   at 1246 cc gives 75 bhp and 81 ft lb of torque.
The 1.2 VTEC at 1198 cc gives 88 bhp and 84 ft lb of torque.
The 1.4 VTEC at 1339 cc gives 98 bhp and 94 ft lb of torque.
So there is an increase of over 30% in BHP between my engine and the 1.4. Quite a marked improvement.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2017, 10:03:30 AM »
The cc's are not very different but the power and torque are.
My 1.2 i-DSi   at 1246 cc gives 75 bhp and 81 ft lb of torque.
The 1.2 VTEC at 1198 cc gives 88 bhp and 84 ft lb of torque.
The 1.4 VTEC at 1339 cc gives 98 bhp and 94 ft lb of torque.
So there is an increase of over 30% in BHP between my engine and the 1.4. Quite a marked improvement.

Comparing i-DSi 1246 and I-VTEC 1339 is apples and oranges, the 1339cc i-DSi is only 82 bhp which is about 9% which is about what the extra capacity is (about 8%).
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2017, 10:31:27 AM »
What are you referencing for the 1339 cc i-DSi? Only references I can see for that engine was for a 136 bhp and a 94 bhp, as fitted to some Civics.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2017, 10:48:34 AM »
What are you referencing for the 1339 cc i-DSi? Only references I can see for that engine was for a 136 bhp and a 94 bhp, as fitted to some Civics.

https://www.parkers.co.uk/honda/jazz/hatchback-2002/specs/

on wikipedia it misses the 1339 i-Dsi 82 bhp engine fitted to UK Jazz entirely,  but lists the higher powered 1.4 ones fitted to Civic
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2017, 11:17:26 AM »
Excellent. It was the Parkers site I got my numbers from. but I wasn't looking for a 1.4 i-DSi at that time. It shows just hove much more power the VTEC produces.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2017, 11:36:48 AM »
Excellent. It was the Parkers site I got my numbers from. but I wasn't looking for a 1.4 i-DSi at that time. It shows just hove much more power the VTEC produces.

Having owned both the 1.4 idsi and 1.4 vtec I found the idsi  more tractable and driveable around town (where Jazz spend a lot of their time) than ivtec due to different engine characteristics.

weeleyboy

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2014 Jazz 1.4CVT EX
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2017, 05:18:03 PM »
Went for a test drive in a 1.4l cvt this morning and was impressed. It's obviously a bit slower accelerating than the Toyota Avensis it's replacing but adequate for my needs and a lot better mpg. I tried to get a deal from the local agent but he was going to cost over 1k more than the Scottish one for a lower grade model and about 10k more miles on the clock. I won't have the Honda warranty but sale of goods act offers some protection and I will have 1k to play with.
Hopefully the hunt will soon be over.
Thanks again to everyone for all the advice and tips.

123Drive!

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz 1.4 ES i-Shift
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2017, 09:54:35 PM »
Good to hear, is the car from a franchise dealer, or a used car dealer? 

As I said before, may be worth to compare this car with what's offered by a Honda Franchise Dealer. By the time you include the service, warranty, fixing bits here and there, plus the discount, the figure may be closed to what you pay from a used car dealer or private sale. Plus you know the car will be a good stock, no CAT c/d etc.

Good luck!

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2017, 06:54:28 AM »
The car I directed weeleyboy to is supplied by Arnold Clark, Scotland's largest car dealership, with over 200 outlets up and down the UK. Established in 1954 they are franchised dealers for the like of Ford, Vauxhall, Nissan, Peugeot, Volvo FIAT to name the ones I dealt with here. When I worked with them I was based in the Honda dealership in Kirkcaldy.
They are currently the 7th largest UK supplier of fleet vehicles.
What I like about their operation (as I have said earlier) is that if they have a vehicle you are interested in, they will transport it to an Arnold Clark dealer near you, irrespective of where it is in the country.
Having said all that, they are a car dealership supplying new and used cars, so the usual caveats apply!

chrisv

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 cvt jazz
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2017, 11:28:08 AM »
Hi,
My jazz camewith 2 year hondacare warranty which includes full aa membership, well worth having. I would only buy from a honda dealer,
Chris

weeleyboy

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2014 Jazz 1.4CVT EX
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2017, 05:39:39 PM »
Hi guys, had my Jazz delivered from Scotland and first impressions are very favourable. It's 2014 1.4L EX CVT with just over 7000 on the clock from new and drives very smoothly. It's got a full service history and was over £1k cheaper than anything I could find locally which all had a much higher  mileage. It has no spare wheel which I find a bit unsettling and will try and find a spare. Assume they are usually the space saver type but would a full size one fit the boot. I've heard that a Rover 25 wheel will fit or am I better getting something more expensive?
    Another thing I will need is a tow bar and would appreciate any advice re makes etc. Would prefer a detachable type rather than fixed.
Derek

madasafish

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 ES CVT -2012
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2017, 05:48:39 PM »
I bought a Rover 25 spare wheel and tyre 5 years ago -unused for £25.. But Ebay has lots of Jazz ones which are later - so less likely to suffer rubber degradation.

guest1372

« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2017, 06:09:14 PM »
Congratulations.

It has no spare wheel....  I've heard that a Rover 25 wheel will fit or am I better getting something more expensive?
Could suffer from age related issues, a regular steel wheel from a base model 5.5Jx15 ET45 4x100 PCD with 175/65r15 tyre may be a better option.  Circumference is within 0.3% of your 16" alloys so no need to worry about the 50 miles at 50 mph restriction with a spacesaver.

The under floor well is a decent space on your car, I'm sure someone can confirm that a full size wheel fits under the floor OK.
--
TG 

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2017, 07:05:20 PM »
My wife's 2012 Jazz has a full size spare in the wheelwell,  came withoit any spare at all, and rather than buy a spare I got a set of 4 steel wheels with 175/65R15 Nokia winter tyres from mytyres and use a summer alloy as spare in winter and a winter steel wheel as spare in summer.

Dayjo

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018. EX Navi CVT.
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2017, 10:31:04 PM »
I bought a matching, wheel, off an Ebay supplier. Then had a new, matching, Dunlop tyre fitted. This went to n/s front.

The 2,800ml original wheel, fitted perfectly into the wheel well. Held in place with a s/h retaining screw.

The only "mod", was to cut the carpet, to reveal the central retaining nut......  :)
David.
Drive them 'til the roads wear out.......

Tags: