Author Topic: Best Jazz  (Read 7038 times)

weeleyboy

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2014 Jazz 1.4CVT EX
Best Jazz
« on: October 30, 2017, 11:22:33 AM »
Hi I'm new to this forum and I currently run a 2009 Toyota Avensis Estate petrol cvt and I'm looking to down size to a Jazz cvt and wondering which models are best My budget is £10k max. I've seen a 2014 Jazz 1.4 Ex cvt with 24k on the clock for £8978 and wonder if this is good value. I'm unsure which is the best engine size to go for as there have been 3 different sizes as far as I can see.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
Re: Best Jazz
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2017, 11:29:02 AM »
Welcome to the forum. I am sure you will get plenty advice from Mk 3 owners. Me, I have an old Mk 1 and love it.

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2017, 01:26:25 PM »
You might find the 1.2 engine in the Mk2 Jazzes a bit underpowered. I'd go for a 1.4.

weeleyboy

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2017, 01:31:55 PM »
I did wonder if that was the case, hence my request for advice
Thanks

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2017, 02:01:31 PM »
You might find the 1.2 engine in the Mk2 Jazzes a bit underpowered. I'd go for a 1.4.
You cannot get a CVT equipped Jazz with the 1.2 litre engine. At least not in the UK.

coffeecup

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.4 i vtec i-shift
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2017, 01:13:40 PM »
No, he is right, they are 1.3. However output is very similar to the earlier 1.4. I do not like the CVT as much as the I-shift, only available in 2010 year cars i think.

Pumpkin

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: None yet
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2017, 08:11:51 PM »
I'd go for the EX with the glass roof, it makes a huge difference to the feel of the interior.

weeleyboy

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2017, 08:50:58 PM »
I've viewing quite a lot on line and at  local dealer and I've come to think the best choice would be  a 1.4 EX CVT and I've seen a few 2014 models  with around 20k miles for around £9k which would suit my budget unless someone can give me a good reason not to I think that's where I'm heading. Best deals seem to be in Scotland which is a bit far from Essex!
Thanks to all members for their assistance

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2017, 09:29:49 PM »
You need to drive about three Jazz models of your own preference then you will have abenchmark, there are 100's for sale at present.
Check the MOT history using the DVLA website https://www.gov.uk/check-mot-history
Good hunting

weeleyboy

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2017, 04:25:44 PM »
Thanks everyone. I'm having a test drive in morning as not driven one yet. The one in Scotland looks good value for money. I'm offered a 2 year extended warranty for £445 and wonder if that's good value? Just waiting for a video of it to arrive via email to check it out.

123Drive!

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz 1.4 ES i-Shift
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2017, 11:58:34 PM »
Personally would be better to get one nearer your county as if there are any problems you can get the dealer to sort out even though the Honda used car warranty is UK wide. I would suggest to purchase from a Honda franchise and dealer as their service are usually top notch. Cars are serviced and small dents are repaired. But do check out the car and if you see anything that needs fixing, let the sales executive know.  Used Honda has a 12 months warranty which is quite comprehensive and doesn't go through a third party. With the reliability of the Jazz, you will be better off using that money for a service plan may be rather than going for a two years warranty package?

I had a quick look at Autotrader and there are many at £9k mark but don't be afraid to look over that mark. In my experience, you can get at least £500 off the list price, but as it's the beginning of the month, discount may be difficult. But test drive the cars now and buy end of the month for more discount. If the figures don't add up then get them to throw in a set of mats and a tank of petrol and a free service/road tax to make up £500. Remember to get the figures down on the car before discussing the part exchange. Beware of products such as GAP insurance etc.

I also seen a few ES-Plus 2014 but with mileage around 6k miles for around £9k. The spec is similar to the EX but without the panoramic roof.

Good luck and hope you can join us very soon.

madasafish

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 ES CVT -2012
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2017, 06:18:32 AM »
Thanks everyone. I'm having a test drive in morning as not driven one yet. The one in Scotland looks good value for money. I'm offered a 2 year extended warranty for £445 and wonder if that's good value? Just waiting for a video of it to arrive via email to check it out.

If you buy a properly serviced Jazz, a two year warranty is superfluous:  the chances of any failure worth over £400 occurring are statistically remote.

An EX will resell easier... but I went for the ES as when I was buying the ES premium  was c £2k - too much.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2017, 06:52:04 AM »
Personally would be better to get one nearer your county as if there are any problems you can get the dealer to sort out even though the Honda used car warranty is UK wide. I would suggest to purchase from a Honda franchise and dealer as their service are usually top notch.
The one I suggested was from Arnold Clark (whom I worked for when I worked in their Honda dealership here), who are a nationwide dealership. They advertise cars locally, but if I see a car I fancy in Arnold Clark in the south of England they will ship it up to Kirkcaldy, and if I like it and buy it I purchase it from the dealership here, as if I had just walked on to their forecourt. It is really quite a good way of doing it. And all warranty work would be done by the dealership here. Same goes for a car shipped in the other direction.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2017, 09:10:45 AM »
No, he is right, they are 1.3. However output is very similar to the earlier 1.4. I do not like the CVT as much as the I-shift, only available in 2010 year cars i think.

As far as I am aware Honda only sold in UK a 1.4 (1339cc  both in 1.4 i-DSi and i-VTEC )  and 1.2  which could be 1198cc (i-VTEC 16 valve) or 1246cc  (i-DSi twin plug 8 valve).  So less than 100cc between 1.4 and 1.2 i-DSi engines WTF ???
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Tags: