Author Topic: "My Honda" dongle & app  (Read 13472 times)

mikebore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2016 1.3 Mk 3 SE CVT
Re: "My Honda" dongle & app
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2018, 10:53:53 PM »
My Mk3 was supposed to have it fitted free at the 25,000/2 yr service today, but they couldn't do it. The report says "Unable to fit My Honda as saying 'the device is not ready to accept'".

The service rep said that mine is the third car on which this has happened.

ColinB

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz 1.3 SE manual in Milano Red
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2018, 09:25:17 AM »
My Mk3 was supposed to have it fitted free at the 25,000/2 yr service today, but they couldn't do it. The report says "Unable to fit My Honda as saying 'the device is not ready to accept'".

The service rep said that mine is the third car on which this has happened.
You may have seen the other thread on this (https://clubjazz.org/forum/index.php?topic=9966.0), wherein it is suggested that they've stopped even trying to fit it on 2018 models. Looks like there's a problem retrofitting to earlier cars as well.

Even if you do manage to have the hardware fitted and working, the app still gets some pretty scathing reviews on the Play Store (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bbenterprise.myhonda&hl=end).

Is there anyone out there who has successfully got this installed on a Mk 3 Jazz and for whom the whole system (app + dongle) is working flawlessly, are you getting all of the promised functionality ?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 11:32:34 AM by ColinB »

mikebore

• Approved Member
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2018, 09:31:51 AM »
Thanks Colin. I had seen that but not the poor reviews. I am not too disappointed that they couldn't do my car!

RobS

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 67-plate 1.3 S
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2018, 12:16:12 PM »
I had the dongle fitted from new (well 2 weeks after delivery) as part of the 5-years servicing package.

Mostly I'm happy with it and the app. I didn't get push notifications for events (e.g. car leaving marked area) for some time then an update happened and now I do.

I currently have it set up to tell me if it's left a marked area (my partner's work) which means she doesn't have to text me - but it's not 100% reliable (sometimes the dongle takes a while to get a gps signal so I don't get notification until a couple of hours later).

The ability to easily get Honda Assistance in the event of a breakdown has been useful (flooded engine!)

It uses an online mapping service called map box which can be a bit slow at times, and it's not the most brilliantly designed app.

Because it's not 100% reliable I don't think I would pay for the dongle separately, but as part of the servicing pack I think it's ok.

Downsizer

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.3 SE cvt - Feb '16 - Blue
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2018, 02:20:08 PM »
Is it free for 5 years, or will you have to start paying at some point?  I was offered free fitting at the second annual service, and then 3 years free usage I think, but I declined after reading this thread.

ColinB

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz 1.3 SE manual in Milano Red
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2018, 03:23:14 PM »
Is it free for 5 years, or will you have to start paying at some point?
The Ts&C's aren't clear about whether it'll be forever "free", they say something like they may charge after three years. But it's not really "free" anyway, you're paying with your data.

RobS

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 67-plate 1.3 S
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2018, 01:45:26 PM »
Is it free for 5 years, or will you have to start paying at some point?
The Ts&C's aren't clear about whether it'll be forever "free", they say something like they may charge after three years. But it's not really "free" anyway, you're paying with your data.
They're not clear at all. I can't find any info either but assume I'll have to pay for it if I don't get a service plan once the five-year deal is up.

donerkebab

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.3 SE
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2018, 12:21:17 PM »
Again from the Facebook scandal nothing is truly free - still waiting for news on when if /when it will work on MK3 model

mikebore

• Approved Member
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2018, 05:40:13 PM »
There was an update today to the My Honda app for iPhone which has made it unusable.

Lots of Time out error messages and spinning cogs, and have to accept Terms and conditions every launch.

Tried to say the above in the feedback section and get the the response "Unable to send feedback, unknown error"

Not a great loss, but I did find the journey logs and maps interesting.

Anyone else updated?

UPDATE: tried sending feedback again and it was sent OK

Tags:

anything