Author Topic: Entire Dash resetting itself to 0 then back to normal whilst driving.  (Read 1115 times)

guest7344

So before I book in with the garage I wondered if someone could give me some ideas about this issue. It started today lasted for about 10mins getting less and less frequent as the car drove. It did not affect steering, breaking or any of the mechanical side of the car, nor the radio console neither.

Has anyone seen this before?

http://sendvid.com/inyi60vu

Sorry for the potato quality but while it was happening I wanted my hubby to quickly capture it on video.

guest1372

• Topic Starter
Re: Entire Dash resetting itself to 0 then back to normal whilst driving.
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2018, 03:24:07 PM »
I'd suggest that is power supply related and may be something as simple as a loose fuse, but of course that is the optimist talking; check fuse #1 10A & #22 7.5A in the under dash fusebox are properly seated.  It's probably a loose connection somewhere that causes the reset. 

The gauge control module will produce a fault code in the range B1150 to B1188 which indicates which of it's connections has been lost, this should be stored and can be read by the garage or someone with an OBDII code reader.  You can also follow a self-test procedure as shown here: http://www.hondafitjazz.com/manual3/en/html_en/000000000000313.html

# Push and hold the SELECT/RESET switch button.
# Turn the combination light switch ON.
# Turn the ignition switch to ON (II).
# Within 2−5 sec., turn the combination light switch OFF, then ON and OFF again.
# Within 5 sec., release the SELECT/RESET switch button, and then push and release the button three times repeatedly.

Hopefully you don't need 3 hands although I'd assume it will pass without fault when tested manually, but there may be a fault code stored from your earlier problem.
--
TG

guest7344

• Topic Starter
Re: Entire Dash resetting itself to 0 then back to normal whilst driving.
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2018, 05:41:57 PM »
Thanks TG, It's far too dark to check now but in the morning i'll have a look and see what I can see.

I'll play the optimist for now too as a big bill is something I have been dreading with the car.

Tags:

anything