Author Topic: Limited Options List  (Read 3090 times)

Ozzie

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 HS, 2015 HS-T, now in a VW T-Roc
Limited Options List
« on: September 18, 2017, 09:30:04 PM »
I have been looking at possibly getting a new Jazz, but I am a bit disappointed at the limited options on the Jazz. For example you get no options on the alloys. If you want alloys you need to get the EX, but theres only one style, take it or leave it, and no choice of interior trim fabrics on a car that's coming in at around £18,000

trebor1652

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 64.7 mpg
  • My Honda: Crosstar Crystal Red Two Tone
Re: Limited Options List
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2017, 09:34:53 PM »
That's about it.
It may be worth waiting for the revamped version next year, you never know Honda might get the idea and give the punters a bit more choice.

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2017, 06:58:39 AM »
I just had a brand new SE as a courtesy car and it had alloys.

According to the Honda UK site there is a choice of 3 alloy options. The standard 15" wheels and a choice of two, £450 upgrades. Even the S, which comes with steel wheels, has the alloys as options.
I will grant you, there is only the black fabric trim available, with black/brown on the EX.
Just noticed that there is no choice of alloys on the EX. Just the standard 16" alloys.

andruec

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: (ex)Jazz Mk3 EX-t
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2017, 08:48:36 AM »
I just had a brand new SE as a courtesy car and it had alloys.

According to the Honda UK site there is a choice of 3 alloy options. The standard 15" wheels and a choice of two, £450 upgrades. Even the S, which comes with steel wheels, has the alloys as options.
I will grant you, there is only the black fabric trim available, with black/brown on the EX.
Just noticed that there is no choice of alloys on the EX. Just the standard 16" alloys.
Well..'standard' for the EX. Not so standard across the wider market. Makes them a bit more expensive and gives a harsher ride.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2017, 09:28:31 AM »
I wasn't talking about what I consider "standard" but what Honda considers as standard fitment on the EX. For "standard" you can read "only" because the EX only comes with 16" alloys of one pattern. The original post was about alloys only being available on the EX but they are available on the entire range, albeit, only as options on the S.

Skyrider

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.5 Sport CVT.
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2017, 11:46:37 AM »
If you speak to the dealer I am sure they would be delighted to sell you a variety of wheels. You would pay for any options anyway.

Ozzie

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2017, 08:22:34 PM »
Most other marques give 4-6 choice of wheels varying from £200-£1000 extra, also theres normally a leather trim option, if you go for a Mini or a DS3 you get a huge number of colour options, choice of door mirror colours etc, even graphics. I'm not saying I would load it up, it would just be nice to personalise your car a bit.

Skyrider

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.5 Sport CVT.
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2017, 08:54:05 PM »
Honda do have an accessory pack list for the jazz, it has five accessory packs, also alternative wheels, front grille, rear wing, and loads more stuff. Have you looked at the Honda UK website?
« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 08:56:46 PM by Deeps »

Ozzie

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2017, 09:41:12 PM »
Yep, I know they do the various packs, mudflaps, various add-on spoilers, carpets etc. I just like a decent set of alloys, I think they can change the look of a car, a nice selection of 15-18" alloys would be nice. I can always buy a set afterwards, but then I would have two sets of wheels.
The EX offers no choice of wheels, the SE offers the choice of 3 styles, all 15", and two look exactly the same. GGRRRR !
« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 09:47:25 PM by Ozzie »

bill ericay

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2016 Civic Sport 1.8 Orchid White
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2017, 11:10:44 PM »
Or buy an extra set of nice alloy wheels, and use one set with winter tyres , and the other for summer ?

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2017, 09:24:00 AM »
Or buy an extra set of nice alloy wheels, and use one set with winter tyres , and the other for summer ?

Can you get car with steels fitted and then with the money you saved go to mytyres or similar and get some nice alloys that you like ?  If the wheels are same size have the original tyres swapped to alloys and then get some winters fitted to steels - personally after feeling the difference in ride between 185/65R16 and 175/75R15 tyres on her indoors GE I would avoid the wider lower profile anyway (unless they have seriously improved suspension on MK3).

Winter can be brutal on alloys,  and I have found that steel wheels protect the brakes a lot better from salt and crud (especially the rears,  both rear discs on my wifes GE were rusted away after only a couple of years but since using steels in winter rear discs are perfect),  I had corrosion under bead and leaking air on my Civic rear alloys after about 4 years and  had to get them re-furbed. If the steels are looking a bit jaded after a winter it is easy to clean them off and apply fresh plasticote or hammerite to them if required to freshen them up.   I agree a nice set of alloys 'looks' nice and may impress the neighbours,  but being pragmatic steels are the only way to go in winter, you are also more likely to kiss the kerb etc in winter,  so better do it with steel rims if possible.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 09:36:09 AM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Tags: