Author Topic: Mobile phone in car.  (Read 2576 times)

Sidot

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Mk3 ES.Sporty Blue Metallic.
Mobile phone in car.
« on: November 20, 2015, 06:01:02 PM »
The salesman scanned my phone  (Samsung galaxy s5) into the Honda Connect system when I took delivery of the car.
I'm not much good with technology, anythingore than a wheelbarrow and I'm done for !
I have used it to make and recieve calls...All ok.
BUT    every time I take my phone into the car and connect via bluetooth I have to reload all my directory contacts.
It's not retaining my previous call history either.
Am I missing something ?
Probably a simple set up step that has been overlooked.
Any help appreciated.

JazzandJag

• Approved Member
  • HR-V eHEV delivered February 2022
Re: Mobile phone in car.
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2015, 05:16:37 AM »
When a phone is first connected there is an option to automatically upload the phonebook and call history each time the phone connects to the Honda system. It looks very much like this step was omitted in your case. It should be possible to edit  this somewhere in the settings menu. I will check this later for you. The other option would be to delete the phone from the system and reconnect as a new phone, being sure to select the auto upload option.

Hope this helps

JazzandJag

• Approved Member
  • HR-V eHEV delivered February 2022
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2015, 02:54:29 PM »
I have had a look and the procedure is Home>Settings>Phone>Autosync. This toggles between OFF and ON. Select ON and the phonebook and call history should upload automatically when the phone connects to the Honda Connect system

Downsizer

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.3 SE cvt - Feb '16 - Blue
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2017, 02:28:21 PM »
I've just acquired my first smart(ish) phone, a Samsung S4 mini.  It pairs OK as described above, and will sync my phone book initially.  However, if I leave that screen and try again later in the same trip, it says no entries exist and the phone book cannot be loaded.  The only way to get it to reload is to break the connection, either by switching off Bluetooth in the phone, or in the car, and then starting again.  Is this another devious safety device?

Tags: