Author Topic: Radio Code grrrrr  (Read 37952 times)

guest6489

Radio Code grrrrr
« on: December 20, 2016, 09:10:51 PM »
I have a 2011 Jazz that has recently had the battery disconnected and the radio wants me to put a code in.

I have the original wallet the car came with, there are two cars in there, one is the size of a credit card and is for the key number and the other much smaller with a number that has one capital letter and 3 figure like A123. Is this the code for the radio and if so, how do I enter it into said radio. But if this is not the code, where am I likely to find it?

Fanks. 

mikebore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2016 1.3 Mk 3 SE CVT
Re: Radio Code grrrrr
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2016, 09:24:47 PM »
Is there a manual in the wallet?....should tell you how to enter it. There are different radio models.

Can't remember if that A123 type number is likely to be the code, but I am pretty sure Honda has all the codes on a database and you local Honda dealer should be able to tell you if the A123 one is wrong.

guest6489

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2016, 10:03:10 PM »
Is there a manual in the wallet?....should tell you how to enter it. There are different radio models.

Can't remember if that A123 type number is likely to be the code, but I am pretty sure Honda has all the codes on a database and you local Honda dealer should be able to tell you if the A123 one is wrong.

The manual says to "enter the 5 digit code using the radio presets"

So I assume the A123 number isn't it.  >:(

guest6425

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2016, 10:11:38 PM »
It's numbers only, using the radio preset buttons

Hobo

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Ex Mk2 Jazz, now 2020 Civic EX Auto
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2016, 03:42:09 PM »
The Radio Code is also on a credit card sized card which is clearly written 'Anti-Theft Radio Identification Card' with a five figure code and the Radio Serial number.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 03:44:48 PM by Hobo »

guest6489

• Topic Starter
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2016, 10:08:24 PM »
The Radio Code is also on a credit card sized card which is clearly written 'Anti-Theft Radio Identification Card' with a five figure code and the Radio Serial number.

It's not on there, it's not in the service book either, it just says "Radio Code; N/A".

Dealer wants me to take the car, V5, some ID and some money for the code. They also close at 5, it's a 40 minute drive and I don't finish work until 5.

I contacted Honda UK and got increasingly shirty with them when it became apparent they weren't going to help me. They told me that it was for "security" but didn't explain how anyone would remove the radio from the car or what they would do with it when they had done so, I also pointed out it would be easier to remove the drivers seat than the radio.

Willy is not happy  >:(

guest6425

• Topic Starter
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2016, 11:15:37 PM »
True enough, most cars radio is now integrated in the dash rather than on a DIN fitting, I wouldn't have thought there was much of a market for stolen radios nowadays.

guest1372

• Topic Starter
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2016, 08:50:43 AM »
Edit: Post your request and I'll see if I can help.
Radio serial number is 8 digits normally on one line (but alternately displayed as Uxxxx then Lxxxx on old Honda cars)
-----

STANDARD UNITS

Turn the ignition key to the ON position make sure the radio is switched OFF
Hold the preset buttons 1 and 6 on the front of your radio.
Keep the buttons 1 and 6 pressed in then turn on your radio
An eight digit serial number will appear on the display of the radio. Example: 40891209  (or U4098 L1209)

For some HONDA SAT NAV UNITS

Turn the ignition key to the ON position make sure the radio is switched OFF
Press and hold the top sections of the SEEK/SKIP and CH/DISC bars.
Now press and let go of the PWR/VOL knob
You should now see the display changing between two screens
An eight digit serial number will now appear on the display Example: 30932019 (or U3093 L2019).

--
TG

guest6489

• Topic Starter
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2016, 01:48:39 PM »
The radio s/n is 8 digits and all numbers, no letters, so doesn't have the same format

bill ericay

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2016 Civic Sport 1.8 Orchid White
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2016, 02:05:29 PM »
Does this video on youtube help?  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIwjZ-hTQmk

longlegpete

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Better Half's Jazz Sport 1.4 2007, MY Jazz 1.4 Ex 2009 And Another 1.4EX 2009
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2016, 09:28:07 PM »
When i got my 3rd jazz it had the wrong radio card with it so when i disconnected the battery i locked the radio out, I was using the car so could not get to a dealer so i phoned Honda uk who said go to your dealer for the code, I took a photo of the car with the radio displaying the serial number and sent it to my other half's phone, she went in during the day with said photo, my DL and reg document together with her docs (same address) and they gave her the code free of charge, if you do the serial number donkey work they dont charge

guest1372

• Topic Starter
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2016, 02:45:37 PM »
In the spirit of Christmas, if you send me your code (either 8 digits or U4digits + L4digits) I will provide an unlock code for you.
--
TG

guest6489

• Topic Starter
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2016, 02:18:28 PM »
In the spirit of Christmas, if you send me your code (either 8 digits or U4digits + L4digits) I will provide an unlock code for you.
--
TG

Thank you for your kind offer. I managed to buy a code off the internet which appeared, as if by magic on my mobile telephone. Said code was inserted into my car wireless and I now have hot and cold running rock music.

Honda UK and my local Honda emporium can go forth and multiply for not helping me very much and designing a (very good) car that needs a radio code and has an empty spare wheel well.

guest7213

• Topic Starter
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2017, 10:07:36 AM »
Hi there,
I am having the same problem  main dealer needs me to go in there but I am having the same issues as the person who posted the original question.

SN is 28029495
VIN- SHHGG678DU004710

2012 JAZZ EX

Can anybody help? I need the radio to stop my 4 year old crying for disney music in the car 

guest1372

• Topic Starter
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2017, 05:20:44 PM »
Try 42612
--
TG

Tags: