Author Topic: Getting a Hybrid  (Read 4173 times)

guest6357

Getting a Hybrid
« on: September 25, 2016, 04:38:57 PM »
Picking up a 2014 HX Hybrid next week.

Its our first venture into hybrids after looking at Toyotas and Lexus as well. The selling point for the Jazz was the Magic seats and boot space, but we were worried about the fact that Honda no longer make a hybrid when lots of other manufacturers are just starting to bring them in.

Do all you Honda lovers like your Jazz ? have we made a mistake ?

Jazzdriver

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 63 mpg
  • My Honda: 2014 1.4 ES+ CVT and 2022 Crosstar replacing 2021 Crosstar written off
Re: Getting a Hybrid
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2016, 05:49:59 PM »
My sister had a Jazz Mk 1 for years.  Then she got a hybrid Jazz Mk 2, which she kept for years.  Recently she test drove the new Jazz Mk 3, but the lack of a hybrid in the range led her to change to another (low mileage) Jazz hybrid Mk 2.

Ozzie

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 HS, 2015 HS-T, now in a VW T-Roc
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2016, 07:52:39 PM »
My 2011 Hybrid has 196000 miles on the clock and just encountered its first real problem, and thats  tempremental air conditioning, not the biggest problem in the world. 

I believe my next car will be a 15 reg used Hybrid, but not yet, I am determined to get mine over 200k :)
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 08:13:54 PM by Ozzie »

guest1372

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2016, 07:56:41 PM »
Honda as a company are pro hybrids, but they did not release the UK Mk2 version along with the standard cars, it was a few years later.  A Mk3 hybrid is expected but it might not be here until 2018, we can only guess.
--
TG

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2016, 08:29:45 PM »
Picking up a 2014 HX Hybrid next week.

Its our first venture into hybrids after looking at Toyotas and Lexus as well. The selling point for the Jazz was the Magic seats and boot space, but we were worried about the fact that Honda no longer make a hybrid when lots of other manufacturers are just starting to bring them in.

Do all you Honda lovers like your Jazz ? have we made a mistake ?

Many years ago the Japanese car makers had a big falling out with Europeans over diesel or hybrid question, the Japanese went down petrol hybrid route while Europeans stuck doggedly to diesel engines despite all the evidence that they were dirty.  You won't find a better everyday usable package than the jazz with its relatively small footprint compared to great interior space.  Honda were one of the first to bring in hybrids and will be making them for a while yet - Enjoy your jazz.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 08:32:39 PM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2016, 08:43:33 PM »
Honda do still make Jazz hybrids. Go to Colombo in Sri Lanka and you will see the roads full of Mk 3 hybrids along with the Vetzel hybrid (known here as the HRV). I haven't checked but I suspect a favourable import duty treatment for hybrid vehicles.

I think Honda didn't sell enough of the Mk 2 hybrid in UK to consider it worthwhile importing the Mk 3 hybrid particularly since the low CO2 road tax incentive disappears in April 2017.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

Ozzie

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 HS, 2015 HS-T, now in a VW T-Roc
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2016, 07:33:09 AM »
Honda do still make Jazz hybrids. Go to Colombo in Sri Lanka and you will see the roads full of Mk 3 hybrids along with the Vetzel hybrid (known here as the HRV). I haven't checked but I suspect a favourable import duty treatment for hybrid vehicles.

I think Honda didn't sell enough of the Mk 2 hybrid in UK to consider it worthwhile importing the Mk 3 hybrid particularly since the low CO2 road tax incentive disappears in April 2017.
I was sure the Honda dealership said they would still make them, but just not be available in the UK in the Mk3 range.

Tags: