Author Topic: "Check Engine" on lcd display with battery icon  (Read 1748 times)

EXT

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.3 i-vtec 2012 GE6
"Check Engine" on lcd display with battery icon
« on: August 21, 2016, 02:08:11 PM »
today I went my local town. while I was driving the lcd displays this message. I didn't stop or did anything, just kept driving. the message went by itself and came back about 5 to 8 times.
when reached home I open the bonnet to examine and find nothing abnormal.
previous owner did mention that it has miner front accident. Is this could be any serious problem later on. the vehicle has about 60k on the clock ...     

EXT

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
Re: "Check system" on lcd display with battery icon
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2016, 11:07:00 AM »
I started it this morning and on lcd display it shows "check system" with engine icon. So before it showed battery icon.

guest1372

Re: "Check Engine" on lcd display with battery icon
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2016, 12:17:49 PM »
The will be a code logged (ELM327 + smartphone app will tell you what it is) just wish that a button combination would show them on the car's display. 

If there are no symptoms then it could be a connection plug on a sensor that's not making perfect contact, sometimes after service or under bonnet cleaning something might not be clicked back in place properly, or it could be a real fault.  If concerned get it read at a garage, otherwise buy/borrow a code reader. 

As it self-extinguishes then it must be something marginal rather than terminal, any commonality to the circumstances when it appears?
--
TG

EXT

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
Re: "Check Engine" on lcd display with battery icon
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2016, 11:19:30 AM »
This was very strange while I was checking all the connections I notice the 1 connector was little lose on the alternator. The lock clip on the connector was broken that might the cause it looses it's content . Don't know if Honda dealer sell and install them

Tags:

anything