Author Topic: Skid Plate Damage  (Read 2023 times)

guest4795

Skid Plate Damage
« on: July 02, 2016, 11:03:19 AM »
Hello all,

So, my wife has driven over a rock.... not all the way over. Looking under the car, the skid plate seems to have done its job well, but theres a small hole in it. About the size of a 2pence piece. Its in the centre section, which I assume is the section that gets removed for an oil change?

Question is, can I just buy this piece, and if so, what would it be called? I'm saying skid plate, I know these sump gaurds, splash gaurds, engine protector all go by different names.

Or do you think a small 2pence hole is fine?

Cheers guys.

culzean

• Approved Member
Re: Skid Plate Damage
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2016, 11:10:23 AM »
Personally i would take off the plate and check if any damage has been done to sump etc.  I wouldn't worry about driving with a small hole in the plate as its main purpose is a wind deflector to keep dirt out of engine compartment and the hole will not stop it doing that.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

guest4795

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2016, 11:38:31 AM »
Thanks for that.

I'll get it jacked up and take a look. The plastic clips just pop off dont they?

longlegpete

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Better Half's Jazz Sport 1.4 2007, MY Jazz 1.4 Ex 2009 And Another 1.4EX 2009
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2016, 11:51:36 PM »
They may differ with different years but my ones unscrew, there are 6 cross head screws, 3 either side, the hole in the plastic wont be worth worrying about, if its not leaking any oil and is running fine all is more than likely well but as has been said its worth taking a look to be on the safe side

Tags: