Author Topic: Matching paint with touch up pot  (Read 1386 times)

guest6065

Matching paint with touch up pot
« on: April 15, 2016, 03:44:48 PM »
I would be interested to hear views on this problem. I bought an x-demo (9 miles on the clock) white Honda in December. In March I noticed what seemed to be a grey blemish on the bonnet and went into Honda who said it was a touched in stone chip that had gone grey. I had not touched this in so it must have been done by Honda although they deny it. I then looked at a stone chip that I had touched in using Honda paint. It had also gone grey. I have been in touch with Honda customer services (a sorry tale as getting a response has been like getting blood out of a stone). Today they finally said that the warranty manager of Honda UK said this was quite normal, and was due to the eco coating (?) on the car. I said that since it was likely that there were going to be other stone chips that had to be touched in, I was likely to have a white car with grey speckles, and I was told that this was the case. I find this unacceptable. When I touched in the one chip that I touched up, the paint was white and it went on white, only turning to grey after a while. I know that matching car colours in touch up paint is not going to be exact, but surely white turning grey is not right? Am I being unreasonable? (I will be taking the car into the body shop for them to check but I am not hopeful of a resolution. All I want is touch up paint that stays white!)

Tags: