Author Topic: Have you seen the Jazz ad.  (Read 5058 times)

trebor1652

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 64.7 mpg
  • My Honda: Crosstar Crystal Red Two Tone
Have you seen the Jazz ad.
« on: December 28, 2015, 11:18:37 AM »
Just watched the TV advert for the Jazz.
Don't know what Honda are thinking but that would not grab my interest if I were to be thinking of changing my car.
Has anyone else seen it?
If so what did you think?

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

Mr Onion

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 23 Jazz 1.5 i-MMD Advance in Crystal Black
Re: Have you seen the Jazz ad.
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2015, 06:52:19 PM »
Its just as boring and irrelevant as any other TV advert.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2015, 10:36:35 AM »
Do you mean this one - hardly floats my boat either,  but every car maker tries to get an angle in an attempt to stand out from the crowd and Honda are obviously trying to show off how versatile a Jazz is (in a roundabout way) and how owning one can make your life a lot more interesting  ::)

http://www.campaignlive.co.uk/article/honda-the-great-untried-wieden-kennedy-london/1375518

don't know what this ad is saying though ...................

http://youtu.be/qJ3ppJ5RcW4

Edit by RichardA 31/12/15 - embedded Youtube video
« Last Edit: December 31, 2015, 05:27:05 PM by RichardA »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

guest1521

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2016, 09:13:16 PM »

The YouTube version above does nothing to separate/differentiate Jazz from competitors. Much like an ad seen in another market which simply majored on external appearance and choice of bright 'colours'...

However the 'wieden-kennedy' ad in the link above is NOT BAD at combining image, lifestyle and function while pointing to Jazz's interior space and unusual versatility... Not sure, though, if it clearly enough demonstrates its cargo-carrying capacity to someone who doesn't know the car.

guest5251

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2016, 10:56:47 PM »
just watched the link and oh my god its boring, certainly wouldn't
get me to the showroom

guest1521

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2016, 12:17:53 AM »
I'd imagine Honda researches its Jazz target market's feedback on the ads as they develop them... Surely...

IMO Jazz - the car itself - till this latest model was much more about 'substance' than 'style'. Possibly bought much more with 'head' than 'heart'. The 'thinking person's' vehicle, if you will...

I know I had to get over its frumpy image to buy one - the GE in 2009. Only by crawling all over one in the showroom (sitting back/front and collapsing the seats) did I begin to appreciate/understand it. And I was only in the Honda showroom having given a friend a lift to buy his Honda! Otherwise I would have had no idea about the unusual capability of the Jazz.

Over time I really appreciated its capability and versatility. Now a loyalist. And bought another - a GD - for a young family member. Who loves it. 'Cos of its ease of driving and versatility.

guest1372

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2016, 08:24:50 AM »
I broadly agree with IvyTek

The above are certainly no 'Cog', 'Impossible Dream', 'Hate something (diesel)' or even 'Choir'.
They are just bland, I feel they'd be better off with the 'Clever Honda Thinking' shorts

The original Jazz ads were quite unique, particularly in Australia. This is one of the excellent/bizzare 'Tony Robinson' series.
https://youtu.be/cafilZp67Kg
--
TG

Alan

• Approved Member
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2016, 12:04:33 PM »
I am afraid that this advert just about sums up the Kamikaze attitude of Honda marketing in the UK and Europe proven by the consistent drop in sales. Honda seem totally incapable of selling the attributes of reliability, flexibility good design and desirability to a buying public whose attitude is Honda cars are expensive and are for old people. This is further illustrated by introducing a long awaited model like the HRV having up to a 5 month delivery wait and then promptly putting the price up by 4.4% using the ridiculous excuse that it makes the price more competitive especially when Honda dealers cannot discount and yet all their competitors can.
Honda UK have totally lost the plot and I am afraid only just kept afloat by loyal customers like myself but I am afraid this will not be more much longer as like others I am not prepared to pay more money for a vehicle that Honda cannot deliver within a reasonable time.

guest907

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2016, 08:57:37 PM »
Well said.

That's why I defected last year (2015) to another marque after 6 x Honda Jazz.

guest1372

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2016, 03:49:40 PM »
Indonesia: not sure a legion of models is OK in Europe any more, and probably not handbrake turns to impress girls at the bus stop.
"All new Jazz 2015 - It's cool, it's you" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdmYn1FJBP0
--
TG

guest4871

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2016, 04:35:11 PM »
I like the car! :)

Tags: