Author Topic: humming noise from 2005 jazz  (Read 3120 times)

guest1302

humming noise from 2005 jazz
« on: June 10, 2015, 01:35:48 AM »
hi all. I've noticed a humming noise from my car over the past few weeks. the noise is present whenever the engine is running and is  more obvious after a journey.  the  noise is there, when the car is stationary, and  if the clutch is pressed down or not. if i slowly press the rear window heater, or try to raise the windows  when they are already raised.then the noise becomes deeper and louder. when i stop pressing them the noise goes away. when the indicators are on, the noise level fluctuates in time to the blinking of indicators.
has anyone heard this problem before? I'm thinking the problem is with the alternator.  although i have no problems with starting. thanks for any help.

JohnAlways

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.2i-VTEC S (AC) 2013
Re: humming noise from 2005 jazz
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2015, 04:19:57 PM »
Sounds like the change in noise is consistent with change in load on the alternator. Check the belt for fraying and if possible check alternator bearings though much less likely.
Good luck   :'(

guest1302

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2015, 01:02:59 AM »
thanks john, thats what i was thinking myself. hopefully thats all it is!

guest1583

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2015, 05:00:13 PM »
check wheel bearings...

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2015, 05:30:46 PM »
check wheel bearings...

it won't be a wheel bearing if it makes this noise when car is stationary - sounds like alternator belt or bearing
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Tags:

anything