Author Topic: Official pictures of the 2015 Honda Jazz  (Read 26663 times)

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
Official pictures of the 2015 Honda Jazz
« on: February 26, 2015, 10:01:48 PM »

Official pictures of the new 2015 Honda Jazz have been released prior to the third generation's debut at the Geneva motor show.

New features of the new Honda Jazz:

- 1.3-litre 102bhp i-VTEC petrol engine with six-speed manual or optional CVT.
- All new platform shared with the HR-V crossover.
- Five or seven-inch touchscreen, depending on model.
- Android-based touchscreen with MirrorLink connection to Android smartphones for traffic news, weather updates and internet radio.
- Download apps from Honda's App Centre, including a Garmin sat nav app.
- Longer wheelbase
- Improved power steering
- Advanced Driver Assist System - comprises of forward collision warning, lane departure warning, traffic sign recognition and high-beam assist on all but entry level models.
- Active city braking on all models.
- Hybrid to follow later on.

Official Honda press release:

ALL-NEW HONDA JAZZ REDEFINES B-SEGMENT WITH ADDED SPACE, VERSATILITY, REFINEMENT AND TECHNOLOGY

Third generation Jazz based on Honda’s global B-segment platform
    New 1.3 litre i-VTEC petrol engine from Earth Dreams Technology series
    Extra interior space, made versatile with Magic Seats® system
    Bold, fresh exterior and refined cabin
    New Honda Connect infotainment system
    Advanced Driver Assist Systems enhance safety

Set to arrive in the UK in summer 2015, the third-generation Jazz features bold yet sophisticated exterior and interior design, with unrivalled interior space and versatility. Occupants will benefit from increased refinement, advanced safety and infotainment technologies, as well as a highly efficient and dynamic driving experience.

While the newcomer retains the classic Jazz silhouette, it exhibits distinctive contemporary styling including a powerful new face and strong lines. The use of Honda’s cleverly packaged new global B-segment chassis means that the latest Jazz is even bigger on the inside. The company’s Magic Seats ® system ensures the interior offers unmatched versatility as well as class-leading space, with a range of configurations for carrying cargo and passengers.

High-quality soft-touch materials and thoughtful interior design provide a sophisticated ambience. With a seven-inch touchscreen in the centre of the dash, Honda Connect is a new in-car infotainment system that offers internet browsing and access to real-time news, traffic and weather and numerous internet music stations.

The 2015 Jazz will be fitted with a new powerful and efficient 1.3-litre petrol engine from Honda’s Earth Dreams Technology series. A refined ride is allied to more responsive and engaging handling, thanks to a new, more rigid and lighter chassis and re-engineered suspension.

The Advanced Driver Assist System package, which employs a camera and mid-range radar, underpins a comprehensive suite of new advanced safety technologies introduced across Honda’s new product line-up during 2015.

Remarkable interior space and versatility

Honda’s new B-segment platform – shared with the all-new HR-V – employs highly efficient packaging solutions. A lower-profile fuel tank mounted under the front seats frees up underfloor space beneath the rear seats, enabling the platform to accommodate Honda’s innovative Magic Seats® system.

Longer by 95mm on the outside and with a 30mm longer wheelbase, new Jazz is endowed with astonishing interior passenger space: leg, shoulder and headroom in the front and rear are unrivalled in the class.

For load-lugging, new Jazz again trumps the competition with class-leading cargo space. Boot space has been increased to 354 litres (VDA) with the rear seats in use and 884 litres (VDA) with the rear seats down. Each of the 60:40 split Magic Seats® in the rear can adopt numerous configurations to maximise the versatility of the spacious interior.

In ‘Utility’ mode, the rear seat back folds forward as the seat base lowers to create a long, flat floor. In ‘Tall’ mode, the rear seat base is locked in a vertical position to leave space from floor to ceiling. ‘Long’ mode sees front and rear passenger seat backs fold forward to a horizontal position.

With a wide tailgate and a low load height, access to the boot is easy, while four tie-downs in the boot enable objects to be securely transported.

New chassis and dynamic set-up with powerful, efficient engine delivering refined driving characteristics

Thanks to its new global B-segment platform, new Jazz is lighter than its predecessor and benefits from greater rigidity.

Upgraded, lighter suspension components – MacPherson struts at the front and an H-type torsion beam at the rear – combine with the longer wheelbase to provide ride stability by naturally reducing pitching motions. New damper systems also improve ride quality for all occupants and reduce vibrations from the road into the cabin, and a new electric power-assisted steering system results in greater feedback for the driver.

New front suspension geometry provides more stable and composed handling, helping the response of the new Jazz feel more accurate, natural and agile through corners.

The new suspension also helps dampen road noise and vibration by reducing the intrusion of harsh body inputs for refined composure. Comprehensive soundproofing brings further improvements, notably reducing engine, road and wind noise. The dash area of the body received particular attention to reduce noise paths, while aerodynamic covers under the body reduce airflow noise while reducing aero drag.

The overall effect is that the new Jazz feels and sounds peerlessly sophisticated, with reassuringly composed and refined dynamics.

At launch, the Jazz will be available with the highly efficient, highly responsive 1.3 litre i-VTEC petrol engine from Honda’s Earth Dreams Technology series. Delivering 102 PS of power at 6,000 rpm, the new engine is mated to a six-speed manual (replacing the previous five-speed unit) or a semi-automatic CVT transmission.

Bold, fresh exterior design; refined and sophisticated cabin, with an

advanced new infotainment system

An all-new exterior design brings Jazz into line with the full range of new and refreshed Honda models launching in 2015.

A distinctive new face echoes the ‘flowing wing’ theme across the grille and headlamps that is shared across the 2015 Honda family. The bold X-shape of the face rises – around the lower edge of the headlamps, over the bonnet, and along the roof line to the rear roof spoiler – and falls to the lower bumper skirt, to create a secure, planted look.

Twin bodyside cut-in swage lines rise from the front wheel arch to give a forward leaning, purposeful in-motion look. At the rear, the tailgate spoiler and near-vertical rear windscreen provide a strong aesthetic, while angular rear combination lamps accentuate the bold design.

Inside, the cabin gives all occupants a sense of airy spaciousness thanks to a large windscreen that meets the roof panel a long way rearward. This, along with the large front quarter windows provides excellent forward visibility and admits plenty of light into the cabin.

Quality materials within the cabin include high-grade, sophisticated black soft-touch dash and trim surfaces with premium detailing, contrasting upholstery materials and polished chrome trim accents.

Steering wheel-mounted controls provide easy access to commonly used functions and enable the driver to switch between various information views on the centre console screen – either a five-inch LCD multi-information display or seven-inch Honda Connect infotainment touchscreen, depending on model grade.

The intuitive Honda Connect interface employs Smartphone-style ‘pinch, swipe and tap‘ functionality. Running the Android operating system, it provides fast and easy access to internet-based services including internet browsing, real-time traffic, news and weather, social media, and internet music stations. Further apps can be installed from the purpose-designed Honda App Centre, enabling owners to personalise their connected infotainment experience and integrated Garmin Navigation is available.

The Honda Connect touchscreen also displays vehicle information – such as trip meter, fuel economy and journey time.

In addition, the Honda Connect system syncs with Smartphones and other multimedia devices through MirrorLink, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, HDMI and USB.

Comprehensive suite of advanced safety features

As with all new Honda vehicles sold in the UK, the Jazz is fitted with a number of premium active and passive safety technologies.

Available as an option on the entry-level model, and available as standard on all other grades, Honda’s suite of safety technologies known as the Advanced Driver Assist System includes Intelligent Speed Assist, Forward Collision Warning, Lane Departure Warning, Traffic Sign Recognition system, and High-beam Support System.

Honda’s City-Brake Active system will be fitted as standard on the Jazz.

Passive safety in the 2015 Jazz starts with Honda's proprietary Advanced Compatibility Engineering™ (ACE™) body structure technology that enhances occupant crash protection in frontal collisions. A network of connected structural elements distributes crash energy more evenly throughout the front of the vehicle, reducing the forces transferred to the passenger compartment. ACE™ also helps minimise the potential for under-ride or over-ride situations that can happen during head-on or offset frontal impacts with a larger or smaller vehicle.

http://hondanews.eu/gb/en//media/pressreleases/43792/all-new-honda-jazz-redefines-b-segment-with-added-space-versatility-refinement-and-technology
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 11:58:17 AM by RichardA »

RichardA

• Topic Starter
  • Administrator
  • Approved Member
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 10:06:03 PM by RichardA »

guest5211

Re: Official pictures of the 2015 Honda Jazz
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2015, 05:07:28 AM »
Panel gaps seem all over the place, especially at the A and B pillar but nice and tight at the C pillar.  :o

And it's disappointing that they didn't hide the rear door handle like they do in the Civic & the HRV.

I do like it though and will probably buy one when the warranty runs out of my GG6.

Rory

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 EX Manual - gone to a family member. Still look after it, and a 2014 EX driven by daughter.
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2015, 09:59:58 AM »
I'm hoping it's going to be as well equipped as the EX version in the US, and at the same $17,000 price.  Not holding my breath though!  http://automobiles.honda.com/fit/price.aspx?Model=GK5G8FJW

guest4324

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2015, 04:38:15 AM »
I know it's a matter of taste but I don't think they're doing themselves any favours showing one in that colour. Reminds me of old Skoda, Lada colours.  ???
Or is it left overs from EasyJet?

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2015, 10:12:03 AM »
I know it's a matter of taste but I don't think they're doing themselves any favours showing one in that colour. Reminds me of old Skoda, Lada colours.  ???

I agree,  some colours do make cars look better - 'Tango' or 'Fake tan eye-searing orange' certainly is not one of them.  Don't know what Honda were thinking off having a show car in that horrible colour.   They must have had more colours to choose from? maybe all the nice colours had been sold or pre-sold and no-one wanted the orange so they used the only one they had left LOL
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 10:13:55 AM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2015, 11:18:38 AM »
The UK launch £ will be key , expect £14k starting price......too much for me.

monkeydave

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 68 Plate Jazz S White Orchid Pearl
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2015, 11:52:47 AM »
The UK launch £ will be key , expect £14k starting price......too much for me.

yup they gone too much now if i need a replacement kia rio it will be

guest5251

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2015, 10:00:54 AM »
all cars will one day be the same just look at the front with the big cross similar in style to the lexus,toyota,vauxhall why can't designers use their own brain and design something different
or do they use microsoft paint to cut,copy and paste to create their masterpieces.

RichardA

• Topic Starter
  • Administrator
  • Approved Member
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2015, 07:52:19 PM »

The colour looks flat like the orange RAC use for their breakdown recovery vehicles.

Blaze Orange metallic on the Mk1 Jazz looked fantastic, I almost chose that colour instead of Storm Silver. The metallic orange on the Audi A1, especially when paired with the dark contrast roof is IMO the best colour combo for that car.

guest5301

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2015, 10:28:20 AM »
apparently, this "sunset orange" is the signature colour for GK RS series.
TBH, as GKs have been selling in HK since mid-2014, seeing this actual "orange" running on the road kinda makes me errrrrrr  ???....... 
"Blue Metallic" / "Aurora Violet"  are very sharp colours though!

http://www.honda.com.hk/index.php/en/models/new-jazz-home

davegreen55

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 EX 2010
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2015, 10:11:40 PM »
I see that the US version has a 130hp 1.5 engine - I don't suppose we will ever see that!

guest2913

« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2015, 11:51:25 PM »
For us auto drivers, what is on offer?

Alan

• Approved Member
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2015, 10:20:20 AM »
Powering the new Jazz will be a 1.3-litre i-VTEC petrol engine, which can be coupled to either a six-speed manual transmission or a CVT  ;D

guest2913

« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2015, 06:26:41 PM »
Please say it the same CVT as the GD1 where you can drive with paddle shifts, drove GE auto and I was seriously annoyed after a minute or 2 it went back to full cvt than stayin fixed ratio as the GD1

Tags: news jazz