Author Topic: Tyre choice with i-shift  (Read 3205 times)

jamesdean

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 i-VTEC ES i-SHIFT
Tyre choice with i-shift
« on: January 12, 2015, 02:15:05 PM »
Recently purchased Continental 175/65/15  84H ContiPremiumContact2* This tyre gives a stable, smooth drive without the problems found with with the latest low rolling resistance rubbers previously fitted. No need to adjust down the pressures to eliminate indifferent changes. For those suffering i-shift problems this may be the way to go. 
I may get SLIGHTLY worse mpg; but the silky smooth function makes driving a less stressed experience with the factory tyre pressures.

applicationcen

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2010 Jazz EX i-Shift
Re: Tyre choice with i-shift
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2015, 04:05:04 PM »
When I bought my iShift second hand, the dealer kindly replaced all the tyres on my, then 4 year old iShift.
I thought this was very odd as the car only had 7.8k miles on it.
If I had known the lack of grip associated with the dreaded  Dunlop 185 r16's - and that they crack, then I would have paid the difference to get the Conti Eco. Ill look at the ones you suggested as well. My main gripe is the awful road noise at 70. Deafens me. How do your new tyres perform at motorway speeds from a noise point of hearing?

guest5079

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2015, 12:57:42 PM »
After checking all the criteria on tyres, I read with interest this post. My reason, well my Jazz I shift EX has Pirelli tyres and the ratings are dismal. It seems that Michelin Energy saver plus is the favourite for all round performance. The price is a little eye watering. The Pirellis still have a fair bit of tread but I thought I would bite the bullet. Off to my local tyre man. He has looked after me for a long time and spent about 15mins checking to see if his price was dearer that others. It wasn't. I had checked prices before I went. His opinion was if I could afford the Michelin to go for them. Bearing in mind the size and price ratio, he offered me a good deal, so asked him to get them.
WELL 185/55 R16 87H Michelins are on back order, so somewhere someone has bought them all. The due date is mid Feb. Good sign? Incidently had they been 15 inch the price would have been considerably cheaper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

guest5251

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2015, 07:00:07 PM »
i use dunlop sport maxx rt tyres A rated for grip in wet ,C rated for economy and 67db
they are not cheap but they are good

guest516

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2015, 07:55:55 PM »
I have been well satisfied with the overall performance of Continental tires - now on my second set after replacing the original dunlops which I was glad when they needed to be replaced on my EX i-shift  ;D ;D
Oui oui

guest5251

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2015, 09:13:12 PM »
tyres are a personal,everybody is different what matters to 1 person wont matter to another person,personally i feel that if you have a fuel efficient car then you should have the best fuel efficient tyres you can buy, i also like my car to be wisper quiet so i like the 67db tyres it makes for a more relaxing stressfree drive.

Tags:

anything