Author Topic: I B****dy know a service is required soon!  (Read 7730 times)

guest5040

I B****dy know a service is required soon!
« on: November 11, 2014, 10:51:52 AM »
I love my newly bought Jazz, I really do, but the "Service due soon" reminder every time I start the engine is driving me potty! I know when the service is due, as I can look for myself via the steering wheel buttons; its at 880 miles for an "A" service. The thing is as I am only doing about 10 miles a day during the working week at the moment, that's almost 18 weeks or 4 months away (3rd year service is due 28th Feb 2015). Previous service was Feb 2014 with 8.5k miles on the clock, now I have 14k miles to date. I can understand that a 6k oil and filter change can be brought forward because of adverse driving conditions (short trips etc.) but I know this without being reminded every time I start the car!!! (Rant over!)  :o

Hobo

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Ex Mk2 Jazz, now 2020 Civic EX Auto
Re: I B****dy know a service is required soon!
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2014, 11:11:43 AM »
There is the option for the dealer to deactivate the Service Reminder System ask the dealer to switch it off, I only do low mileage so have mine off and just have a yearly service.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 01:01:44 PM by Hobo »

VicW

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 07 Plate Civic 1.8 i-Shift.
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2014, 03:18:52 PM »
Mine is switched off as well and use the 12,000mile/12 month system, no problem.

This does not affect the warranty in any way.

Vic.

applicationcen

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2010 Jazz EX i-Shift
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2014, 03:32:42 PM »
They had that annoying service lights count down system on a BMW I previously owned. It really reduced the driver satisfaction to see those lights drop down. But oddly enough I never ever serviced it less than or more than once a year regardless how many miles I did - and it never blew up!

What year cars have the service light reminder? Mines a March 2010. I have not looked at the service book, nor noticed a reminder light, so I dont know if it has one.

...Ill have to read that book, but just not that interested unless needs make me read it.

GSX600FMAN

• 2014 Jazz Hybrid GP1
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: GE6 1.4EX, GG6 1.4EX. Now Jazz Hybrid (2014) April 2019
As I cover a lot of miles and now change the oil, oil filter, air filter and cabin filter myself I need to reset the warning light. Though I will take it in when the tappets or plugs need changing.

1) Turn the ignition to the ON position, where the dash lights all light up, but do not start the car.

2) Pressing the Sel/Reset  (Select/Reset) button and cycle through the display until you get to your warning.

3) Now press and hold the Sel/Reset for about 10 seconds until the display changes to a recycle/restart maintenance symbol and a return/exit symbol (that's how I call them) is displayed.

4) Now press the 'i' (Information) button which should highlight the upper 'circle round a spanner' symbol, then now press and hold the Sel/Reset button until the display changes to and new service mileage setting. You may need to do this twice until you get a required 12000 mile figure (mine actually displays 12400 miles after a lower number.

I hope I described it okay, I went out to the car and tried it out. There were other symbols too, spanner pointed to by spanner, '7' , 120 followed by a sun/star. Do you think the '7' shows how many services or resets?

Alan

• Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2014, 01:59:43 PM »
I really don't know why you are having a rant as all you have to do is ask your Dealer to turn it off for you. ::)  ;) ;)

guest5040

• Topic Starter
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2014, 03:12:42 PM »
The point I was trying to make (badly it seems) is that the SVRS system in my opinion should remind you say every 100 miles from 1000 to the next service, not every time you put the key in the ignition! I do variable miles in my job, some weeks only 50, others 700 and am happy to have an "A" service whenever the car needs it. I however do not need to be spammed by the SVRS on a continual basis. Hope that clears it up  :D

Ps.  GS600FMAN, The 120 sun/star may be for the "B" service. When I bought my Jazz it was showing 180/Days to "B" service, which was just about right as the car had been serviced in Feb 2014. However, after doing 1000 miles in a fortnight the service indicator showed "A" 2350 miles. (I assume the car realised I was doing an awful lot more mileage in a shorter time than its previous owner and worked out that an "A" service would take priority. Quite clever methinks  ;)

GSX600FMAN

• 2014 Jazz Hybrid GP1
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: GE6 1.4EX, GG6 1.4EX. Now Jazz Hybrid (2014) April 2019
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2014, 09:33:38 PM »
Thanks for the info about the days to service to go. I looked at my Jazz today and it is not there anymore as I did reset it yesterday. The Civic shows 300 days to go. (it also explains it in the manual too if I had read it earlier). I now have found, thanks to members here giving link to online manual http://www.hondafitjazz.com/manual3/index.html for fluids and tappet clearances etc. Now looking to sources from Honda Dealer gearbox oil 1.5l, coolant 5l and possibly Brake fluid (unknown how much in system, will just bleed through ½ litre or until colour seems different).

Tags:

anything