Author Topic: Petrol Filler Lid  (Read 3112 times)

guest1329

Petrol Filler Lid
« on: March 05, 2013, 06:40:26 PM »
I have a 2010 Jazz EX and when filling up with petrol noticed that the plastic coloured coded petrol filler lid  was slightly proud of the body work. On further investigation it would appear that there is nothing other than friction holding the filler lid closed when the car is unlocked. The lid is locked when the car is locked.

The filler lid works in the normal way ie push in to open and it springs out and push in to shut, but there does not appear to be any mechanism holding this shut. You can get a finger nail or paperclip in to pull it open. The spring plunger only appears to help push out the lid to enable you to get hold of it to fully open.

Has anyone else noticed this  or can confirm this ?

guest3858

• Topic Starter
Re: Petrol Filler Lid
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2013, 07:35:56 AM »
Hi the filter cap in the Jazz is working normally when you lock your car the fuel cap close down at the same time which is impossibile to open but check the cord attached to the fuel cap is not twisted or tangled if it is the filler cap will be not close properly i had the same problem with my VW Fox

chrisc

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2012 1.4 manual
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2013, 09:39:56 AM »
There appears to be spring on the hinge of the cap that holds it shut, so it is flush.  Maybe the one on yours is mis-aligned?
If music be the food of love, play on

guest3793

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2013, 03:26:27 PM »
My 2010 EX is ok, not problems with it sticking out. I do find that the hinge side of the flap rubs slightly against the body when opening and has caused slight damage. This I think is down to the whole assembly being very flexible. Now I know I am more careful and all is ok.

guest1329

• Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2013, 06:59:32 PM »
Thanks for the replies.

The cord is not twisted or anything and does not snag and I don't think that the spring is misaligned. The spring assists on the first part of closing but there does not seem to be anything holding/assisting it to keep shut.

Spanners' I have exactly the same mark on the body work and cap where it rubs each other.

Can anyone confirm if they can pull open the cap with the car unlocked without using the 'normal' method of opening ie pushing the flap in ?

Thanks

LJs JAZZ

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2012 1.4 es cvt
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2013, 07:53:01 PM »
Hi,  Just checked on my 2011 Jazz, as I had assumed also that the petrol filler flap was held shut with a catch
but it is not.  It is possible to get your finger nail or similar devise and open the flap. Once the car is locked this is no longer the case.
There is no rubbing of the body work on the hinge side, the flap moves well away from the panel on opening.
Hope this is usefull! 

uovouvou

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 EX with Premium Pack
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2013, 09:00:47 PM »
I have to say, I was a bit disappointed with the plastic petrol filler cover.  Both my old Accords and my CR-V had metal ones.  I suppose it's down to cost these days.  The rest of the Jazz's build quality is up to scratch though, so I'm not complaining, although I have undone the stupid press-studs on the rear parcel shelf because they rattled...

Tags: