Author Topic: Next Generation Vauxhall Meriva may get Suicide doors  (Read 2608 times)

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
Next Generation Vauxhall Meriva may get Suicide doors
« on: December 11, 2007, 07:32:00 PM »

Next Generation Vauxhall/Opel Meriva may get ‘Suicide Doors’According to World Car Fans, the next generation Vauxhall-Opel Meriva may get Mazda RX-8-style suicide doors in a bid to seperate the slow-selling Corsa-based mini-MAV from it's rivals.

A similar design is used on the MINI Clubman, but unlike BMW's half-baked solution, the Mervia's suicide doors appear to be fitted to both sides of the car.

The new Meriva goes on sale in 2009, based on the same platform used for the new-shape Corsa and Fiat Grande Punto.

It's probably fair to sale that since it's launch in 2003, the Meriva has failed to tackle the Honda Jazz in this marketplace. I have sat in a Meriva and to be honest, it's not as bad as you would expect and was pretty much the start of Vauxhall/Opel's turn-around in quality and innovation. And yet, it remains a relatively rare sight - like the equally rare Renault Modus, I did expect these two cars to challenge the Jazz in the showrooms.

The Spanish-built Meriva is sold as a Vauxhall in the UK (to fool British buyers into thinking they're buying British) and Opel elsewhere in Europe. The Meriva is also sold as a Chevrolet in Latin America but is absent from North America. Unlike some other GM Europe products, there is no Holden version for Australia/New Zealand.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 04:55:07 PM by RichardA »

RichardA

• Topic Starter
  • Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
Re: Next Generation Vauxhall Meriva may get Suicide doors
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2010, 08:16:00 PM »
On sale now complete with those doors.

More pricey then the Jazz but it one of the few other alternatives with fancy seating tricks.

Anyone seen/driven/would consider one?

Tags: