Author Topic: Remote Transmitters (B Type)  (Read 2395 times)

Jo

• Approved Member
Remote Transmitters (B Type)
« on: November 24, 2008, 04:07:25 PM »
Hello to everyone, I am new to this forum and really hope someone can help me, please. 

Last year I purchased a second-hand Honda Jazz ('53 reg).  It's been great up to now, really reliable.  However, yesterday I noticed it took me several presses of the remote transmitter (key thingy) to get the car open.  I assumed the battery needed to be changed so I took it to my local garage today where they replaced the battery.  Imagine my disappointment when I got home and tried it out on the car and it still wouldn't open it!  I remembered I had a spare remote transmitter so tried that as well but still no luck. 

Help!!!!!!!!  Anyone got any ideas?  I know I can use the key to open the driver door but it's not the same as being flash and opening it from a distance. 

Thank you.

Jo

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
Re: Remote Transmitters (B Type)
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2008, 04:40:58 PM »
Me again!  Just realised something.  Have been out to the car and tried to start it and absolutely no sign of life.  I am a new driver, only passed my test about a month ago. 

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
Re: Remote Transmitters (B Type)
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2008, 09:02:42 PM »
Hello Jo and welcome. :)

Check all doors including the boot are shut - if not, the remote won't work, and if doors aree left ajar for a while the interior or boot light can drain the car's battery. Although in this case I don't think the remote would work at all, wherelse you say it did after several attempts so it's probably not the cause (worth a check though).

The only other suggestion is that your battery has not been charging when driving. This would explain why the remote had trouble unlocking the car (but did work eventually) and why the car won't start. Did the battery warning light stay lit during normal driving? It should light when starting the car then switch off. If it stays lit, the battery isnt being charged and will eventually run dry.

Tags: