Author Topic: Honda Jazz Saloon  (Read 4406 times)

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
Honda Jazz Saloon
« on: October 04, 2008, 04:47:31 PM »
Honda has launched a saloon version of the Jazz for developing countries which may even come to Europe. The 'City' uses the Jazz's platform to create a sub-Civic saloon for developing countries who prefer a low-cost model like offered by Ford and Fiat. Marketing of the City is in 39 countries with factories in Thailand, Pakistan, China, Turkey and India producing the car.

The conservativly-styled saloon uses it's own body and interior design from the Jazz, unlike the previous Honda City which literally was a Jazz saloon. The interior design appears to be true to the car's intended market, with the emphasis on function and actual quality rather then perception of quality. Power comes from the 1.5-litre i-VTEC engine as used in the JDM Jazz/Fit models.

It is not known if the City will come to the UK; personally, I think it's unlikely seeing as the UK prefers hatchbacks and small saloons are notoriously unpopular here (remember the VW Polo Classic and Vauxhall Nova saloons?!), although some southern and eastern European markets are more saloon-friendly. Also, Honda enjoys a almost semi-premium image in the UK which is at odds with a model designed for developing markets.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 08:42:37 PM by RichardA »

guest523

Re: Honda Jazz Saloon
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2008, 07:35:59 PM »
hey if this was cheap enough im no snob id take one but over here honda/dealers would make it the same price as ford/vauxhall ect it wouldnt get the chance to succed which is a shame. The korean manftrs are starting to shift big units with cheap well equiped models vw is luanching the new golf three years early to combat this.The new jazz and our beloved old is starting to look overpriced already if you doubt check out the competiton only the magic seats and the toonaeu cover convinced me but there dear at 3 grand above the alternative.im sure i could live without it. Honda dealers give you book price whatever you trade. no extra for being brand loyal. Now hyundai /kia trade prices are low but take them to an autherised dealer and there willing to offer better prices to keep you happy and loyal. throw in 5yrs warrnty and a good trade in price. new car every 5 yrs sounds good to me and realistic even during these hard times.

RichardA

• Topic Starter
  • Administrator
  • Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2008, 11:22:34 AM »
Honda's do generally hold their value to compensate for higher new prices and lower discounts.

I've found, being on my third Honda in a row, that the trade-ins are better if you give the dealers something that they can sell on their forecourt. So I had above book price offer for my first Jazz from Honda on a new-shape Civic back in '06 then I did from a VW dealer against a Golf, as the VW dealer would not normally have a Honda on his forecourt, and so ships the car out to the trade (possibly a Honda dealer depending on cars age, mileage, etc). However, the VW dealer did offer £700 straight off the Golf without asking, while Honda only threw in the floor mats.

Come to think of it, the dealer who I purchased my first Jazz from only offered book price, whilst my local dealer - knowing that I had purchased my Jazz from a dealer elsewhere (as it was pre-reg and local dealer didnt normally buy them) - probably tried to get my business by offering a good deal.

guest238

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2008, 01:45:35 PM »
Now hyundai /kia trade prices are low but take them to an autherised dealer and there willing to offer better prices to keep you happy and loyal. throw in 5yrs warrnty and a good trade in price. new car every 5 yrs sounds good to me and realistic even during these hard times.

The Koreans are here producing cars in some cases equal to the europeans and japanese.

A Hyundai i30 estate maybe our next car seeing as the Jazz maybe too small if we have any more kids.

RichardA

• Topic Starter
  • Administrator
  • Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2008, 10:00:38 PM »
/\ i30 is a very good car....I think I'll rather have one over a Focus or Astra.

Tags:

anything