Author Topic: Jazz EX Dunlop tyres  (Read 4263 times)

guest2074

Jazz EX Dunlop tyres
« on: June 06, 2011, 09:34:52 PM »
Hi everybody, have had the ex for over two weeks now and am very happy with it, but......

I am a bit concerned about the tyres, I understand that the Dunlop arrow/logo is not directional but I have noticed that the tread on the nearside tyres go in the opposite direction to the tyres on the offside, is this okay?

Also the whole car was covered in white spots today and were a right pain to remove, had to wax them out, nothing to do with Honda but where the f*** they all came from I dont know.

ex Smart, ex iQ owner, now trying a Honda!

Kenneve

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 Jazz Advance e-HEV, Red
Re: Jazz EX Dunlop tyres
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2011, 05:03:35 PM »
My EX CVT registered April 2011 is running on Dunlop SP Sport 2030 Tyres.
Date of manufacture Week 52 2010.
I take it you mean the snipes on the outside edge of the tread are running in different directions.  Mine are the same. If you turn the tyre round on the rim then the result will still be the same, since the snipes on the inside edge run in the opposite direction.
If you look at the tyre tread as a whole, I don't think this condition will have any adverse affect, it's just the way these tyres are designed.
Just enjoy the car! I am.

Pity about the white spots, any seagulls in your neck of the woods?

guest2074

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2011, 07:23:04 PM »
Hi Kenneve,

Many thanks for your reply and for putting my mind at rest over the tyres. I have always ridden motorbikes and tyre rotation is very important I have never noticed this on previous cars so I was a bit concerned.

Nope no seagulls around here (except in winter) I am as far away from the sea as you can be in England!

The spots on the car were really weird, thousands of the little buggers all over the car. I thought there was a problem with the paint until I saw them over the rest of the car. Even my neighbour noticed them. I have no idea where they came from, but they were a pain to remove.

Thanks again for your help.

guest907

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2011, 12:14:21 AM »
Anyone been spray painting nearby...maybe a house wall or something?

Had the same when I worked in a garage, amazing what the wind/air will carry.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2011, 08:00:47 PM »
Doesn't sound like tree sap, which can drop on your car from tree buds in warm weather, but would be more like varnish when it dried.  I would guess someone spraying household masonry paint on a house nearby where you parked, or do you sometimes park in industrial areas, where it could be industrial paint spray mist that has been blown out of a spray booth extraction stack that has had the filter either damaged or missing completely.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

guest2074

• Topic Starter
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2011, 05:15:28 PM »
I am at a complete loss. The car is parked on my drive at night and in a suburban street in a village during the day. No sign of anything going on such as building work/spraying etc..

Somebody said to me that it was volcanic ash and another guy 'down the pub' tells me it is spray from the farm that we back on to. I could go with both of these but my neighbours cars seemed okay.

That will teach me to buy black!

Thanks for your replies you seem a friendly bunch.

Just done 500 miles and looking forward to giving her some throttle..

Tags:

anything