Author Topic: Rubber Floor Mats  (Read 5809 times)

guest582

Rubber Floor Mats
« on: April 03, 2011, 07:04:33 PM »
Hi. Does anyone have tailored rubber mats for their GE Jazz. Honda's own are not stocked by my local dealer and I think I could probably get better value from an independent maker anyway. I have found the following suppliers on the Internet:
ukcarmats - £24.99
carmats4u - £17.62
mycarmats - £29.99
cannon - £49.99
Although Cannon seem expensive their price includes carriage.
Has anyone any experience of any of these products? In particular I am not sure if any of them include holes for the fittings of the driver's seat. Any advice would be welcome, thanks.

JazzyB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2007 Jazz 1.4 Sport Manual (Japanese built)
Re: Rubber Floor Mats
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2011, 08:59:06 PM »
I bought cannon ones and wish I hadn't. The front ones were tailored but wafer thin with no fixing on the drivers side. The rear ones were just a couple of universal mats! Waste of £50!

Just bought Honda ones - perfect. I asked about the rubber ones and was told that they don't keep them as most people buy the carpet ones. The rubber ones are available separately front and rear. Worked out at about £70.

Rabiedmushroom

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 09 1.4EX Elite plus
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2011, 10:07:33 PM »
When I bought my Jazz new plus accessories, I managed to negotiate a swap from carpet mats to the rubber ones. They are a perfect fit, are very hard wearing, and come up like new when washed. The front ones are fixed to the floor with 2 turnable studs each, and don't move about at all. The rear ones are tailored to fit round the rear seat fixings (where the bar clips into the floor). I'd thoroughly recommend paying that little bit extra for the Honda rubber mats via your local dealer if you're a little bit fussy about such things.

monkeydave

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 68 Plate Jazz S White Orchid Pearl
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2011, 01:35:35 AM »
i got the black carpet ones from morrisons they dont slip about and at 12 quid i cant complain

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2011, 08:42:25 AM »
If you have a Costco warehouse locally then take a look at thier own brand carpets - good value

Kenneve

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 Jazz Advance e-HEV, Red
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2011, 09:43:21 AM »
I concur with Rabiedmushroom on this one. The Honda rubber mats are far more durable than the carpet version, perhaps they don't look as good, but they certainly do the job.
In the snowy weather before christmas there was quite a puddle of dirty water on the drivers side at times.  However the design on the mat is such that it can be lifted out and easily drained, without spilling on the carpet.
Honda - 1 : Others - 0

guest582

• Topic Starter
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2011, 08:05:45 PM »
Thanks for the advice. I think I will try a pair of the Honda ones for the front then if I like them get the back ones too.

Kenneve

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 Jazz Advance e-HEV, Red
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2011, 11:42:30 AM »
Have just changed the car this weekend to the new EX CVT and have moved the Honda rubber mats across to the new car.
So far I have not used the fixings for the front mats and they don't appear to go walk-about, so I am still more than happy with them.

guest582

• Topic Starter
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2011, 01:30:08 PM »
Got a pair of Honda front rubber mats yesterday. Not fitted them yet but I am very pleased with the quality. A bit expensive at £48 but I am glad I went down the Honda route. The dealer did not have any in stock but was quite happy to order a pair and let me have a look at them with no obligation. I intend to order a rear pair now.

Aitcho

• Topic Starter
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2011, 03:21:58 PM »
I am thinking of getting a set of rubber mats for my Jazz EX which will come supplied with the 'Elite' pack which inlcudes carpet mats, these mats are fine in the summer but come winter you cannot beat rubber mats.

There is a good link to Jazz 2012 accessories in the forum SPONSORS - Commercial Forum which also includes prices.

Aitcho

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2011, 10:53:04 PM »
These sometimes come up on E Bay but the P&P is high

Aitcho

• Topic Starter
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2011, 11:19:43 PM »
These sometimes come up on E Bay but the P&P is high

I have just had a quick look on eBay and there are genuine Honda rubber mats on offer from a Honda dealership.

They are listing two types one for cars with a manual gearbox and a set for cars with the automatic gearbox, will have to check prices to see how they compare.

Aitcho

Tags: