Author Topic: Anyone's FIRST oil change been MUCH beyond 12 months/12500 miles?  (Read 2849 times)

guest1521

Hi
Apologies for repeating my previous unanswered posts on this. This is, hopefully, a clearer version.

My car is now 12 months old and 8,900 miles.

Mileage to date consists of a number of long trips, while almost daily it has done commutes of under 5 miles and this is its second freezing winter. Short trips and/or freezing conditions, Honda's owner's manual defines as 'severe' motoring conditions necessitating shorter oil change intervals. 

My variable service indicator displays 'A' service (oil and filter change) will be due in 7,000 miles time.

Though my Honda dealer has done a 'B' service/health check, it will be significantly beyond 12 months and 12500 miles before the car's first 'A' service - oil and filter change.

Anyone experienced similar, whether at first service...or at subsequent services? Please.

csp

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Average 63 mpg
  • My Honda: Platinum White Jazz e:HEV SR 2020
Re: Anyone's FIRST oil change been MUCH beyond 12 months/12500 miles?
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2010, 05:53:21 PM »
My 1.4 ES had only 4000 miles on the clock at 12 months and the service indicator counted down in days to indicate a service was due. I thought the oil was changed at the 1st service as it certainly looked clean after the service. I have however had another look at the service report sheet and it looks like the oil and filter were not changed. I will have to make sure the oil is changed at the next service, the car is on a 5 year service plan.

Geoffers

• Topic Starter
Re: Anyone's FIRST oil change been MUCH beyond 12 months/12500 miles?
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2010, 06:26:17 PM »
Hmmm!
Mine first service was done at 7.5k and oil & filter were replaced!
Now done 12k and System indicates next service due at about 20k!!!

Tags: