Author Topic: Battery booster  (Read 593 times)

chrisv

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 cvt jazz
Battery booster
« on: January 15, 2023, 02:38:05 PM »
Hi,
After seeing adverts on Facebook for a power pack jump starter I thought I might treat myself. The Tacklife model advertised has a very good specification and sells for less than £25, but after looking into it it seems that Amazon have banned tacklife for falsifying reviews, actual tacklife reviews of the company are terrible. Nobody in the UK actually sell tacklife products and the company's advertising on Facebook would not normally sell this sort of item. Very dodgy all round. The best known name is NOCO priced around £100. Has anyone any experience of these items?
Chris

embee

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 Jazz SE CVT
Re: Battery booster
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2023, 02:58:11 PM »
Noco certainly have a pretty good reputation for battery chargers etc.
The other brand powerpack I found when looking at the subject was the MSC Overland, but it looks a bit like the smaller 10Ah version might have been dropped. The bigger one is still listed, but not cheap. It is often a case of you get what you pay for.
https://www.mobilesolarchargers.co.uk/shop/details/overland-plus

Autoexpress do useful comparisons https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/product-group-tests/92728/best-mini-jump-starter-packs-2022

I don't have personal experience with any of them however.

chrisv

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 cvt jazz
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2023, 05:46:08 PM »
Hi,
Thanks for the heads up, looks to me as if the overland is the one to go for, at £109 it's the same as the noco but has more accessories, thanks again,
Chris

dbjazz

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 2007 1.4 SE CVT
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2023, 01:33:55 AM »
If you mean the small lithium power pack booster starters I have 2 of these bought from ebay in 2016 unbranded '16800mah' for £15 and '20000mah' for £18.  Prices seem to have more than doubled now.  They are not of course their stated mah but they work well - tested one on my petrol v6 engine and it started it with the normal battery completely disconnected!  You have to keep them topped up. 

Tags: