Author Topic: Honda Jazz ex 1.4 (09)  (Read 3026 times)

guest1598

Honda Jazz ex 1.4 (09)
« on: September 07, 2010, 06:55:49 PM »

Have just had full service on Honda Jazz EX 1.4 (09 plate) flagged up rear disc brakes scored ? mileage 27,000 . Is this covered under 3 year warranty ?  is it the type of pads they use , to blame ? any help from  anyone . Thanks .

JazzyB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2007 Jazz 1.4 Sport Manual (Japanese built)
Re: Honda Jazz ex 1.4 (09)
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2010, 08:09:27 PM »
What did they mean by 'rear discs scored'?

The rear brakes don't really get used as much as the front ones, so I am surprised at 27k you have a problem with rear discs, front ones possibly.

Brakes aren't covered under warranty as they are a 'serviceable item'.

guest1461

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2010, 09:36:32 PM »
Have seen discs on low milage cars that the rear pads start to stick to the disc causing rings of break pad on disc. Scoring could mean that possibly a stone has got caught and put a score mark around the disc.

If it is the pad that is coming off then you may get it under warrenty but they do look closely and so not all manage to get done. At 27000 miles there is a chance they will not get done but certainly worth an ask.

guest1521

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2010, 01:16:34 PM »
Interesting one this. A couple of months after delivery of our new Jazz I had the rear discs inspected because of circular scores/grooves around the discs... and the rear discs never, ever 'polish' up to 'shiny' with use in the same way as the front. Unlike on all other cars I observe in the street, too.

So I phoned the Honda dealer and booked it in. (Interestingly my rear discs appeared to match the appearance of other Jazzs in the dealer's carpark.) The dealer checked  braking performance and inspected the discs and assured me that all is to specification - "no cause for concern, sir."

I have yet to be convinced that my rear discs are, in fact, OK. I am concerned that premature renewal will be required at first MOT, if not before then.

guest1598

• Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2010, 04:35:43 PM »

Have just had full service on Honda Jazz EX 1.4 (09 plate) flagged up rear disc brakes scored ? mileage 27,000 . Is this covered under 3 year warranty ?  is it the type of pads they use , to blame ? any help from  anyone . Thanks .  The faults were highlighted by service through Nationwide AutoCentre who priced their full service at £169.00 compared to £300.00 by Honda and are under inspection from AA to deliver a comprehensive full service, which I found to be excellent.

Tags:

anything