Author Topic: Firm Ride  (Read 14120 times)

guest229

Re: Honda Jazz Ride
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2007, 02:01:11 PM »
Thanks Olduser 1 for your post dated 14th Dec. 07 reference Honda JazzRide. I downloaded the info from the website included and cut and fitted the rings indicated. I used 3mm. hard black rubber the ride/noise was noticeably improved, my wife remarked how quiet the car was without knowing I had fitted the rings. I cut and fitted a second pair just to see if there could be any further improvement I have not tried the car again yet when I do I will report back.
Regards,
Ivor Beck.

bill888

• Approved Member
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2007, 11:34:11 AM »
does anyone know where I might be able to buy an A4 size of sheet rubber to make a pair of rings? I don’t think it is the sort of thing that the DIY sheds sell.
2007(57) Jazz 1.4SE CVT-7 (GE3 - made in China)

guest229

• Topic Starter
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2007, 02:56:11 PM »
Try looking in Yellow Pages under rubber stockists. I know only one in my area of West Midlands, they seem to be rather scarce.

guest229

• Topic Starter
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2008, 07:46:08 AM »
Reference- fitting rubber rings- 27th Dec 2007.
Fitting second pair of rings seemed to make no further improvement I reverted back to one 3mm ring each side. One further point make sure that no part of the inner edge of the ring is trapped when reinstalling the upper fitting I found tacking the ring in place on the fitting with petoleum jelly the best way to ensure this.

bill888

• Approved Member
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2008, 01:47:00 PM »
Three months on, and I’m still not totally happy with the ride of my Jazz CVT. I’ve not made any mods to the car to try and solve it. I have though tried running on lower tyre pressures to gauge what effect there may be if I were to fit softer tyres.

30psi front, 28psi rear. ie. 2psi below minimum values.

Using a new digital tyre pressure gauge I picked up from Halfords, what I have observed is the wide variation in pressure readings depending on outside ambient temperature and how recently the car has been driven.

With the lower pressures, the steering a bit heavier and the ride is slightly better, but not noticably. I also think the firm ride is worse from rear suspencion when the tank is full of petrol.

I recently test drove a manual Jazz 1.4 demonstrator and I actually thought the ride was better and there was less tyre noise, but it was the shortest of test drives and it didn’t include poor roads so is not conclusive. The tank was almost empty. Unfortunately, the dealer didn’t have a Jazz auto demonstrator.

Fwiw, I’ve also recently test drove a 2007 Merc A150 SE automatic. I think it had 65 profile tyres on steel wheels. The ride was a vast improvement but then the car does cost over £15k brand new and is a bit heavier. I also didn’t realise it was a CVT auto (ZF/Ford?) until I checked the car’s specs later.

culzean

• Approved Member
Re: Firm Ride
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2008, 11:26:55 AM »
I fitted Michelin Energy tyres to my Jazz (53 plate 1.4SE) as soon as the original factory fitted ones wore out and noticed an immediate improvement in ride and a big reduction in the amount of road noise. I have the original 14" wheels fitted. Replacing normal section tyres with low profile ones on larger rims will always result in a harsher ride on any car, I know they are supposed to sharpen the handling but the Jazz does not seem to need any help in that department anyway.

The Michelin tyres have very supple sidewalls, and help the suspension absorb the bumps better - they are also supposed to cut the amount of fuel used, but I can't comment on that as I never really checked fuel consumption with the old tyres on.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

bill888

• Approved Member
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2008, 10:08:13 AM »
What make of tyres were originally fitted to your car?

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2008, 07:13:11 PM »
/\ Factory fits either Bridgestone Potenzas or Yokhoma tyres.

Tags: