Author Topic: Connect phone for audio via 3.5mm cable  (Read 744 times)

olly

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 2015
Connect phone for audio via 3.5mm cable
« on: October 28, 2021, 12:36:56 PM »
Hello, just bought a 2016 Jazz EX NAVI I-VTEC-CVT. I would like to connect the 3.5mm audio output on the phone to the Jazz. I just want to play audiobooks, controlling the playing of them via the phone(smart audiobook player), then I can listen to a book in the car or when out for a walk, without losing my place. The phone is an android Motorola G5S. I have tried a bluetooth connection, but the Jazz seems to want to pick up music from files, instead of just playing the audio. Is a 3.5mm male on the phone to USB an option or possibly some sort of conversion from 3.5mm audio to HDMI?

MikeIrl

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: 2017 1.3 GK3 i-Vtec Jazz
Re: Connect phone for audio via 3.5mm cable
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2021, 10:26:43 PM »
One option would be an FM radio transmitter adapter with a 3.5mm audio jack input. Plenty around on the web, ebay etc. You tune in the car radio to the frequency transmission of the adapter & it will play whatever audio your source is playing.

olly

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2021, 10:31:31 PM »
Thanks, I'll give it a whirl and post here what I think of it.

BadgerMk3

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Mk3
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2021, 09:14:06 AM »
I would have thought you could change the settings on your mobile to play it via bluetooth to be honest. If it's playing music via bluetooth it should be relatively easy to change the source on the phone.

if not, what about using your phone's USB connector?

dvhttn

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Mk3 Ex CVT
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2021, 11:52:24 AM »
Hello, just bought a 2016 Jazz EX NAVI I-VTEC-CVT. I would like to connect the 3.5mm audio output on the phone to the Jazz. I just want to play audiobooks, controlling the playing of them via the phone(smart audiobook player), then I can listen to a book in the car or when out for a walk, without losing my place. The phone is an android Motorola G5S. I have tried a bluetooth connection, but the Jazz seems to want to pick up music from files, instead of just playing the audio. Is a 3.5mm male on the phone to USB an option or possibly some sort of conversion from 3.5mm audio to HDMI?

Not sure why your BT is acting up. The car audio just plays what is sent to it from the phone. Assuming you have selected BT as the source? I just mount my phone at the right of the steering wheel (on a wireless charger) and have my music player play 'all songs with random selection'. No reason why your podcast app should be any different.

Or have I missed something?
Dave
Carpe diem …

olly

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2021, 05:17:49 PM »
Thanks to those that replied, but it was a stupid error on my part, I have only had the car for a few days, I tried connecting the phone via bluetooth and then playiing a book, but nothing appeared to happen, so I assumed that playing sound on an android phone didn't work. It was only after a lot of messing about today, I managed to get it working. The volume needed changing to max on the audio connection, it could not be heard at the default setting.

Tags: