Author Topic: High Mileage MK2  (Read 2026 times)

123Drive!

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz 1.4 ES i-Shift
Re: High Mileage MK2
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2021, 04:24:17 PM »
Go on eBay and replace the seats and gear knob. Shouldn't be too much. Get a nice leather steering rim and you have a nice car. The outside you can use colour magic etc to cover the scratch. But don't worry too much. It's a bargain.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2021, 04:54:57 PM by 123Drive! »

Westy36

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Extremely good !!
  • My Honda: 2013 Jazz 1.4 ES Silver
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2021, 04:52:01 PM »
It is £1200
I agree with 123Dive! A 2011 Jazz for £1200. Bargain, even more so given it has a full Honda history. I woudn't give a hoot about the cosmetics at that price point. You can park it anywhere and not have to care! The seats might want replacing if they are uncomfy, but other that that, just keep on top of the oil changes and servicing.

You could get years out of that with care, and still sell it for most of what you paid for it! Bargain.  8)

Is it a private or trade sale?

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2021, 07:59:19 PM »
Can't be bad for £1200 with a full history. Beats half the mileage and no history. Just keep your eyes open on ebay for bits of trim, don't be afraid to contact any sellers that are breaking full cars. At that price, it's worth spending a few quid to fix odd bits.

There are companies out there that do repairs to seats, it's not expensive if you can take the seat out yourself and dismantle it. You can even get the bits to repair them yourself, if you're handy like that. I think the Jazz seats are repairable, unlike the injected foam types you find on some modern cars.

Steering wheel was really tatty on our high miler, I bought a nearly new steering wheel for about a tenner. Everything else was in pretty good nick. I always had intended to take the gearknob off, mask it up and respray and lacquer the silver disc in the middle - never got round to it.

Tags:

anything