Author Topic: HONDA TYRE SEALANT  (Read 14915 times)

JazzyB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2007 Jazz 1.4 Sport Manual (Japanese built)
Re: HONDA TYRE SEALANT
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2010, 08:22:45 PM »
Well I have a '07' Jazz with alloy wheels and a space saver which is a steel rim.

Of course I will use the same nuts for either wheel.

Honda hasn't provided any different nuts for the space saver.

guest1461

« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2010, 09:26:12 PM »
It is fine to use the same wheel nuts. They are no diffrent. Years ago (well not that many ago) on some cars with alloys the spare would be a steel wheel and not an alloy.

guest1151

« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2011, 10:53:19 AM »
I had the misfortune of using the Honda supplied tyre sealant this morning.  It didn't work all that well, after inflation I could hear the air escaping from the tyre, but it did get me to work  I called my local Honda dealer to inquire about a replacement bottle of sealant, £63!!!  A new tyre costs a lot less....  I was given the option of purchasing a space saver for the princely sum of £180.
Would a £10 can of generic tyre fix do the same job?

The supplied 12v compressor works well though. :)

guest582

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2011, 03:51:41 PM »
I do not know whether a £10 of generic tyre fix is as good or not but when my 3 year Honda breakdown cover expires I will revert to Britannia Rescue and I know that they will only help you if you have a manufacturer's standard bottle of goo.

nowster

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 GR3 Jazz EX i-MMD in Midnight Blue
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2011, 02:57:51 PM »
I have no intention of ever using the manufacturer's goo. My only ever tyre fault has been a full blow-out, and it wouldn't have helped. I got the spacesaver spare tyre included in the purchase price of the car.

Geoffers

« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2011, 05:38:31 PM »
I have no intention of ever using the manufacturer's goo. My only ever tyre fault has been a full blow-out, and it wouldn't have helped. I got the spacesaver spare tyre included in the purchase price of the car.

Exactly the same here!

nowster

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 GR3 Jazz EX i-MMD in Midnight Blue
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2011, 02:10:17 PM »
The other faults have been slow punctures, which you can pump up and drive to the nearest tyre fitters. Many non-KwikFit fitters will patch a "slow" for free. If you put the goo in, it makes their job much harder.

guest598

« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2011, 06:19:11 PM »
My 1400 ex is just over 2 years old I had to have a new tyre fitted the fitter told me you have to have a new tyre once the gunk has been used.
 I contacted Honda uk regarding no spare fitted they said it was because the extra weight would make a difference to the fuel consumption which I replied it was a load of rubbish it was all down to cost.

guest1521

« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2011, 12:06:30 PM »
Anyone tried this? £38 to puncture-PREVENT 4 tyres...http://www.ultraseal-swiftlysorted.co.uk/
Royal Mail's fleet uses it... so Ultraseal's website claims. They also trade under Puncturesafe. Prevention must beat cure.

guest1232

« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2011, 10:45:13 PM »
Any taper on a wheel nut designed for alloys won't damage a steel wheel, so go ahead and fit a steely, the nuts are steel too !!

After all, aren't  you going to get the puncture fixed and the alloy back on ASAP anyway ??

guest1521

« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2011, 10:25:16 AM »
But what if you can PUNCTURE-PROOF the tyres in the first place? The 'Ultraseal/Puncturesafe' http://puncturesafe.co.uk/flashintro.html and 'Ride-On' products http://www.ride-on-uk.com/
- and there may be others - are designed for immediate and permanent self-sealing of tread-wall punctures up to 6mm, the most common type of puncture by far, wouldn't you say.... **No puncture repair is required... ever**. Blowout likelihood is reduced, too - they claim. Of course, sidewall cuts or slashes are a different matter - but what's the likelihood compared to a straightforward puncture?

Install for the life of the tyre - and on fitting new ones it simply washes out with water, it is claimed. There are a lot of busy, fast or narrow road situations where IMO it is dangerous to change a wheel - even adding Honda's temporary fix aerosol gunk could be hazardous. (And don't you have to jack the car to add that? Jack, add the gunk, then air... ? )

I've had no experience whatsoever of this PUNCTURE-PREVENTION stuff but I am tempted to try it. Come time to renew my tyres I'd test it (near the tyre shop) by running over a nail. Anyone had any experience of it? Or know anyone who uses?

Tags: