Author Topic: Manufacturer info on the audio  (Read 6236 times)

guest1272

Manufacturer info on the audio
« on: February 27, 2010, 01:36:37 PM »
Ok, I've read the sticky about the radio hoping to find out things like who makes it (don't say "Honda" :D) to see that it's a CD player with extra speakers......yep, I know that, I can see them in the brochure  ;).
I'd like a little more detail please if anyone knows?
For instance, who makes it?

I've looked everywhere and I can't find out what model number it is. I think the previous jazz had a unit manufactured by Alpine, so is the new 1.4 ES also an Alpine?
If so, what exact model?
Also, what speakers are installed as "standard"? Sony/JVC/Kenwood..????...etc.

Ideally I'd like the following info for the 1.4 ES model (not the -T and not the EX):

Headunit:
Made By
(+ Power Output if possible)

Standard Factory Speakers:
Made By
Power Handling
Sensitivity

Any info would be appreciated  :).

Cheers

JazzyB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2007 Jazz 1.4 Sport Manual (Japanese built)
Re: Manufacturer info on the audio
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2010, 02:24:01 PM »
Info like that is only gonna be available from Honda.

Honda don't make any audio stuff as far as I know.

So your first port of call would be Honda UK.

Hope that helps.

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2010, 02:49:19 PM »
The sticky topic is intended mainly for those looking to buy a Jazz who want to know what models come with what (cassette, CD, MP3-compatibility, etc).

I have no idea myself as to makes it. That kind of information is not widely available so try Honda as suggested above. :)

No technical info in the owner's manual?

guest1272

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2010, 12:25:59 AM »
OK, thank you guys  :D.

I was hoping someone had replaced thier stock unit and would therefore have seen the back of the unit. There's usually a clue as to the manufacturer on a sticker somewhere or else printed on the rear with/without some additional specs.

I've looked around the internet most of the day and have managed to come up with a few bits and bobs, but nothing concrete:

40W RMS ? (i.e. 20W front + 20W rear if you have 4 spkrs)
There are NO rca preouts on the stock unit - which means if you want to keep the HU and simply add a sub+amp, it's a no go I'm afraid (in line low level convertors are pants imho so separate sub/amp is the way to go if you need to)

I cannot find a fascia unit for the 2010 Jazz RHD anywhere on the web. Looks like I wouldn't therefore be able to upgrade the HU anyway  :'(

But that's OK, I still haven't had mine delivered yet but I'm planning ahead  ;) - the stock unit may sound fine.

An alternative may be to simply replace all 4 speakers with better ones as I'm sure even lower end well known brands will be a step up (they usually are).

PROBLEM - I cannot find any UK shop selling the mounting/gasket required to mount 3rd party spkrs and the stock ones are "moulded into" it.
If I do go this route, I'll probably end cutting out the spkrs from their moulds and reusing them for the replacements.

Anyway, the front and rear doors house 6.5" (165mm) speakers but they can actually house up to 6.75" speakers.
A shallow mounting depth is essential but the doors should be able to house anything up to 58.7mm deep.

As there are no tweeters in the stock UK model (unless you ordered them as upgrades), and I don't want to be cutting holes anywhere, my basic plan would be to simply replace stock with decent coaxial 16.5/16.75 replacements ----- no sub, no amp, no tweeters, no new HU.
I'm hoping that will be enough for me  :P.

I wanted details on the HU as I wanted to see what it could "drive" and what I should buy speaker wise (and at least buy something better than stock re:spkrs)...

....so without knowing too much detail I've been looking at ones from Sony/Alpine/Pioneer/Infinity etc all 45-52mm depth and 90+ish dB/W/m all <£80 for all 4.

The more info I get on the HU specs, the more I can narrow down my search  :).

Of course, this may all be purely academic because if I can't get someone to help me with the trim removal it's all a no go anyway as I don't want to tear the waterproof membrane (easy to do, I've done it with another car :()

Cheers

Tags:

anything