Author Topic: Low MPG for new Jazz 1.4 ES (09)  (Read 10746 times)

guest238

Re: Low MPG for new Jazz 1.4 ES (09)
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2010, 09:50:26 PM »
Hmmmm! Point 14 makes 'interesting' reading!

;)

guest1214

• Topic Starter
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2010, 09:03:45 PM »
Latest info on the MPG figure after using 2 tanks of Shell V-Power:

1st tank (mainly city driving)

42.15MPG (actual), 46.4MPG (trip computer)

2nd tank (mainly motorway)

48.03MPG (actual), 51.4MPG (trip computer)

So it seems the V-Power made a big difference especially on the motorway.  It's the highest I get since I bought the car.  ;D

eljuero

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 Comfort
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2010, 09:12:45 PM »
I'm after magic 56 MPG (5 l/km), well based on trip computer :D
I have 54 MPG with 350 km now ... funny thing is that I actually don't drive like grandma, just have really light foot and think ahead, I also use A/C all the time. But of course I'm not going over speed limits.
100+1 HP

guest1451

• Topic Starter
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2010, 10:12:54 PM »
I've noticed motoring journalists from car magazines all stated that they don't get anywhere near the official MPG figures. On the other hand i've never had the opportunity to buy a new car yet so i've only ever driven cars that are around 7-10 years old and i find at that age the cars do actually get quite close to the official figures maybe by then the car, engine and all the other parts have properly loosened up and running smoothly whereas with a new car everything is all still new and tightly wound up... I know this doesn't sound exactly scientific but don't you think this might be a plausible answer?

Is there anyone in this forum who bought their GD Jazz from new? If so how close did you get to the official MPG figure? This would be very interesting to find out as i've noticed in a recent post in the GD section of this forum that the majority of GD owners are getting around 45MPG, considering how long the GD Jazz has been around i would assume most of these owners bought their Jazzes second hand rather than new... this might prove my theory...

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2010, 06:46:05 PM »
I have had a GD Jazz 1.4SE since 2005 and the mpg has improved as the miles clock up, since the weather warmed up a few months ago I am getting 57 to 58 mpg, averaged over quite a few tankfulls.

I always wondered why the first half tank seemed to last longer than the second, so the other day I zeroed the trip meter and topped up the tank and then let the needle go to exactly half full mark on the gauge.  I then topped up again and got exactly 20 litres in the tank for 250 miles on the trip meter, that is over 57mpg, but the interesting thing is that the tank is 41 litres, so half an tank is indeed half a tank.

I know that when the fuel light comes on and needle shows empty there is still about 7 litres in my tank, when the needle has dropped from half to empty (on the gauge) it only equates to 14 litres being used, so it isn't an illusion that first half seems to last longer.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Garyman

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 ES
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2010, 09:35:52 AM »
I reckon I still have a heavy right foot- only getting average of between 38-42mpg.

Had my ES for 15months now and done 8k miles so maybe need to put more mileage on her

Tags:

anything