Author Topic: Fuel/ Petrol flap Honda EX  (Read 3254 times)

guest1050

Fuel/ Petrol flap Honda EX
« on: January 15, 2010, 10:31:38 AM »
Hi everyone. Anybody out there able to help. My 09 Honda Ex fuel/petrol filler flap that should open, when pressed with the car unlocked refuses to do so. On investigation I managed to open it with a coin between the cap and the bodywork and found that the plunger that should push the lid open and latch back into place when the lid is shut is not making contact with the cap. I can only presume that there was a rubber cap (or something) on the end of the plunger which has gone astray. If this is the case then I can contact my local Honda dealer to order one before I take it in to have it repaired. Any help would be appreciated.

guest765

• Topic Starter
Re: Fuel/ Petrol flap Honda EX
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2010, 08:40:01 AM »
You sure its not just frozen in ???.....any water in the nicks these days will freeze.
(if yer plungers frozen it doesnt work you know).... :'(  :D

guest1050

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2010, 04:23:14 PM »
Thanks for the reply however the plunger is not frozen. When i open the lid with a coin the plunger is moving freely it's just not making contact with the lid to push it open.

csp

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Average 63 mpg
  • My Honda: Platinum White Jazz e:HEV SR 2020
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2010, 05:02:50 PM »
Hi there, the petrol filler on my 09 ES has a black rubber corrugated cover over the latching plunger which pushes the flap open when the flap is pressed in.

guest1050

• Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2010, 10:12:50 AM »
Hi there CSP. Exactly the information I needed thank you for taking the time to reply to my post.

Tags: