Author Topic: Speakers issues...  (Read 1379 times)

Redragon7

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2012 Honda Jazz 1.2
Speakers issues...
« on: December 31, 2018, 09:36:14 AM »
Hello and greetings from Greece!

I recently realized that when I am playing the Radio or the CD player in my car, the back (passenger) door speakers are not active and the sound comes from only the 2 fronts.

Moreover, when I use my phone to play Spotify music in the car through the Aux input, the sound only comes from the drivers side speaker.

I have set the balance from the menu settings in the middle for the front speakers, nowhere any option for the rears..

Anyone else has those issues? Any ideas and suggestions would be most welcome.

Thanking in advance,
Chris

culzean

• Approved Member
Re: Speakers issues...
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2018, 09:44:18 AM »
Have the rear speakers ever worked - they may not be fitted to your model... the grilles will be there because they are part of the standard door moulding, but can you see any speakers inside ?  Speakers have a strong magnet inside so you could try seeing what a magnetic compass needle does ( or maybe the one on your phone ) when you put it near the grille.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Redragon7

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2012 Honda Jazz 1.2
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2018, 11:10:33 AM »
Good point, never thought about that...!

Turns out that rear speakers are not installed, only the front grille, thank you for pointing that out.

Now what bugs me is that only the one front speaker produces sound when the Aux input is used...

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2019, 11:53:09 AM »
Now what bugs me is that only the one front speaker produces sound when the Aux input is used...

Have you tried a different lead?

Tags: