Author Topic: 1.4 i-DSI 2006 headlight adjuster  (Read 1415 times)

guest8148

1.4 i-DSI 2006 headlight adjuster
« on: December 10, 2018, 12:22:56 PM »
model - 1.4 I-DSI SE automatic 2006

I bought this car this summer and noticed the nearside (uk) headlight is pointing way too high, its dazzling oncoming drivers. I cant seem to find where the headlight vertical adjustment is located or any diagram online.

any help will be appreciated

Steve55

culzean

• Approved Member
Re: 1.4 i-DSI 2006 headlight adjuster
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2018, 12:54:33 PM »
model - 1.4 I-DSI SE automatic 2006

I bought this car this summer and noticed the nearside (uk) headlight is pointing way too high, its dazzling oncoming drivers. I cant seem to find where the headlight vertical adjustment is located or any diagram online.

any help will be appreciated

Steve55

https://www.justanswer.com/honda/1hfuy-adjust-up-down-position-headlight-honda-jazz-2002.html

There is are a couple of holes ( 1 each side)  in the steel front crossmember that you are looking at when you open the bonnet ( the bonnet catch is in the centre of it, but the holes are in the part that bends round and goes up along the wing of the car above the actual headlight unit ) there are some plastic guides inside the hole and you need a fairly long x-head screwdriver to reach the toothed wheel.

best thing is to face the car towards white garage doors or light coloured wall about 4 foot away,  mark the centre ( or top its up to you ) of the bright spot of the beam with a piece of coloured tape and use this as a guide to tell you if you are screwing the adjuster the correct way,  and how much you have moved the beam down.   You can measure the height of offside beam and try to make the nearside the same.

make sure the electric motor adjustment bit on dashboard is in the '0' position when you do it  ( IIRC it has '0' and 1,2,3 positions) and while you are at it check that the electrical up and down adjustment ( for when the car is loaded with passengers and luggage etc. ) actually works as it should to adjust beam height.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2018, 01:04:38 PM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

guest8148

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2018, 11:52:18 AM »
Thank you so much, I found it immediately and adjusted it with help from your tips

cheers
steve55

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2018, 12:16:24 PM »
Thank you so much, I found it immediately and adjusted it with help from your tips

cheers
steve55

Good result  :D
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Tags: