Author Topic: better lights  (Read 1830 times)

peteseddon

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 2005
better lights
« on: October 21, 2018, 05:15:28 PM »
what is the best headlight upgrade for this jazz ?

by which I mean - which of the stronger headlamp bulbs is best ?
and which fitting is the right one ?
« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 09:33:40 AM by peteseddon »

Mo_1986

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 09 Jazz 1.4 EX
Re: better lights
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2018, 10:02:24 AM »
I'd like to fit some 5k bulbs to my headlights and fogs but unsure what would be best, wouldn't want to buy hid's.
Also im unsure of the bulb types too.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2018, 10:37:45 AM »
I'd like to fit some 5k bulbs to my headlights and fogs but unsure what would be best, wouldn't want to buy hid's.
Also im unsure of the bulb types too.

Headlight are H4 ( twin filament) and fogs normally H11, 

Read this thread.... John ( d2d4j )changed his headlights and foglights to LED.

https://clubjazz.org/forum/index.php?topic=8738.0

some really good youtube videos in there as well as links to classicarleds.co.uk

« Last Edit: November 25, 2018, 10:43:16 AM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Mo_1986

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 09 Jazz 1.4 EX
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2018, 12:23:13 PM »
Thank you for this, much appreciated.

d2d4j

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz SI 5 Dr
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2018, 01:03:56 PM »
Hi

Plus 1 from me and so grateful to culzean for posting re led lights.

Car passed mot and I informed garage that they were aftermarket led lights fitted.

The guys at classicardled will let you know the correct light fittings if you contact them with your car details.

I have not regretted changing to led lights

Many thanks

John

Kenneve

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 Jazz Advance e-HEV, Red
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2018, 04:26:30 PM »
And Plus 1 from me.
These Classiccarleds are superb.
I have to say i was a little concerned about blinding approaching drivers when I first installed then and ran initially, with the headlight adjustment set lower than standard.
However, over time I have slowly brought them back up to the standard position and no-one has flashed me, so the beam pattern must be good. My only remaining concern is I may be blinding drivers, looking to exit from a left side road, since the amount of light lighting up the verges is considerable.

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2018, 05:49:00 PM »
My only remaining concern is I may be blinding drivers, looking to exit from a left side road, since the amount of light lighting up the verges is considerable.
I also have those bulbs and agree that they do an excellent job of illuminating the verge and the edge of the road. However, the light is very well focussed and I think unlikely to dazzle a driver unless they are in a low-slung sports car.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2018, 06:15:41 PM »
My only remaining concern is I may be blinding drivers, looking to exit from a left side road, since the amount of light lighting up the verges is considerable.
I also have those bulbs and agree that they do an excellent job of illuminating the verge and the edge of the road. However, the light is very well focused and I think unlikely to dazzle a driver unless they are in a low-slung sports car.

Temporarily dazzling a stationary driver is not a big deal,  but it certainly means they will have seen you and not pull out in front of you.

For me the best bit is the extra light on the verge, that is where you need the light to be when approaching traffic have their headlights on and dazzling you ( the worst offenders are German cars, they must have their own rules on lights in Germany that say dazzling lights are not only allowed but positively encouraged, and being German I guess the headlights are programmed to know when they are being MOT tested and automatically move the beam down 10 degrees).

In Shropshire many of our roads have a white line along the verge and this helps enormously at night,  pity other councils don't always do it.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 08:43:14 AM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Tags: