Author Topic: 2012 GG Jazz Broken AUX plug in radio  (Read 1226 times)

KeesWijn

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: 2012 Jazz III 1.4
2012 GG Jazz Broken AUX plug in radio
« on: September 30, 2018, 02:12:27 PM »
Hi all,

I have a 2012 Jazz (GG Chassis) with the OEM integrated radio/CD to which a Parrot handsferee unit has been added.
THe unit has an AUX input as standard which I use for connecting my i-phone to listing to my music. The connector on the AUX plug broke so that it is flush with the front of the AUX jack. I have tried to extract it wit tweezers etc but to no avail. The only other option I can see is to get a micro drill and try and drill out the center of the plug but if that goes wrong, it will be irrecoverable.

My other idea is to remove the head unit entirely from the dash and see if I can get at the AUX jack from the back and possible push the broken pin back put. Worst case, I should be able to install a new AUX jack.

The problem I have is getting the head unit out...or more specifically, finding the screws that hold it in place. One video seems to have my unit and refers to one 8mm headed screw but I have looked and looked and can't find it. I see one screw in approx the right position but the angle means that it is not accessible either from the glovebox side or from the center (behind the gear stick). I have felt around for other screws but can't find any. This is the video which looks like mine :
Other videos seem to refer to an older model with the manual AC/Vent controls below the radio...but I don't have these.

Has anyone had a similar experience or does anyone have any tips ?

Thanks om advance !

culzean

• Approved Member
Re: 2012 GG Jazz Broken AUX plug in radio
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2018, 02:51:27 PM »
Try this, relies on suction and bubble gum / blutack to get pin out.

Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

KeesWijn

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
  • My Honda: 2012 Jazz III 1.4
Re: 2012 GG Jazz Broken AUX plug in radio
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2018, 02:56:03 PM »
Thanks...that may work when the tip of the pin has broken off but in my case it is the entire pin and there is no space around it to use a tube over the pin and there is no central hole in which to out something inside the pin.

Tags: