Author Topic: egr valve  (Read 1758 times)

dave456

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: jazz 1.4 es 2006 cvt
egr valve
« on: September 09, 2018, 05:30:09 PM »
Hi been to Honda to check car it was vibrating on tickover and missing at 1000/2000 rpm they said it will be the egr valve. i have looked at it to do it my self but this one as hexagon head bolts i seen on utube that some have nuts on studs the bolts are flush with the flange  so i dont think i can get some dw40 down it the bolts have been on this car for 15 years and i dont want to snap the heads off so it looks like a job for honda on independent garage     

culzean

• Approved Member
Re: egr valve
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2018, 04:09:05 PM »
Hi been to Honda to check car it was vibrating on tickover and missing at 1000/2000 rpm they said it will be the egr valve. i have looked at it to do it my self but this one as hexagon head bolts i seen on utube that some have nuts on studs the bolts are flush with the flange  so i dont think i can get some dw40 down it the bolts have been on this car for 15 years and i dont want to snap the heads off so it looks like a job for honda on independent garage     

You could try getting engine hot before trying to unscrew bolts, the alloy of the head expands more than steel bolts and relieves any pressure on the thread. If you want a releasing oil use a proper one, not standard WD40 (which is ok for polishing paint and removing tar, but not a lubricant).  Proper plusgas or similar will get anywhere, especially if the part is warm but initially try removing bolts after warming up the engine first before you resort to penetrating oil.  The gasket can often be wrecked when EGR is lifted so get a new gasket first.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2018, 06:47:22 PM »
+1 for that. PlusGas takes a bit of beating.

dave456

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: jazz 1.4 es 2006 cvt
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2018, 12:39:29 PM »
is japanparts egr valves any good or as good as honda ones

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2018, 01:26:23 PM »
is japanparts egr valves any good or as good as honda ones
Do you feel that stripping it and cleaning it won't solve the problem? I would have thought, that replacing it would only be necessary if it had failed completely.

Found this supplier:
https://www.buycarparts.co.uk/honda/jazz-ii-gd/16816/10651/egr-valve-intake-manifold?sort_supplier%5B0%5D=193

Tags: