Author Topic: Milano Red  (Read 3548 times)

guest7893

Milano Red
« on: August 24, 2018, 07:52:42 AM »
Hi all.

Keep thinking about a 1.5 Sport and the colour which would best suit it!

I absolutely love the Skyride blue on a Jazz SE because I love the way the silver alloys contrast the blue paintwork, but not so much with the black alloys of the Sport trim.

I love the orange on a Sport but I'm not sure I'm brave enough to pick orange!!  :'(

So my question to all you Milano red Jazz owners is, have you found that the red has faded at all?

I'm guessing that even if you have a red Mk3 Jazz from when it was first launched, that would be 3 years old and probably not started to fade yet.

So are any of you fine people owners of Milano red Honda's from years ago and what was your experience of it?

Thanks y'all!  :D

trebor1652

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 64.7 mpg
  • My Honda: Crosstar Crystal Red Two Tone
Re: Milano Red
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2018, 09:43:17 AM »
I thought the sport had black wheels?
I have seen the skyride blue in ex version and agree the wheels/body colour go well together.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

guest7893

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2018, 09:57:44 AM »
I thought the sport had black wheels?
I have seen the skyride blue in ex version and agree the wheels/body colour go well together.

Yes the Sport has black wheels.

Kenneve

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 Jazz Advance e-HEV, Red
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2018, 10:00:48 AM »
I've had 3 Jazz cars, all Milano red, none more than 3 years old, but perfect when sold on.
However, I've seen many other much older examples on the road and again no sign of any fading.
I believe the days of red cars fading in the sun are long gone.

So, why do i stick with Milano? I am a great believer in being seen on the road, unlike those with grey or silver cars, which seem to blend in with the tarmac. I accept that silver is probably the most popular colour around, but not for me.

guest7893

• Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2018, 10:10:45 AM »
I've had 3 Jazz cars, all Milano red, none more than 3 years old, but perfect when sold on.
However, I've seen many other much older examples on the road and again no sign of any fading.
I believe the days of red cars fading in the sun are long gone.

So, why do i stick with Milano? I am a great believer in being seen on the road, unlike those with grey or silver cars, which seem to blend in with the tarmac. I accept that silver is probably the most popular colour around, but not for me.

Thanks Kenneve that's good to know.

I agree with you that grey, silver, black etc are a little dull. That said I do actually like silver cars!

My current car is white and if and when I get a Sport, I fancy a brighter colour.

Like I said previously, I like the orange but I'm not sure I'm brave enough to get orange!

Currently I fancy either the skyride blue or Milano Red. I think they would both look stunning when clean and polished!?  8)

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2018, 10:33:48 AM »
I said previously, I like the orange but I'm not sure I'm brave enough to get orange!
I bought a Yellow Volvo, because my wife liked the colour. Turned out great. Never had a problem spotting it in a busy car park!

guest7893

• Topic Starter
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2018, 10:41:39 AM »
Nice Volvo Jocko!

trebor1652

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 64.7 mpg
  • My Honda: Crosstar Crystal Red Two Tone
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2018, 10:42:52 AM »
I personally think that Honda's choice of colours is very poor.
The skyride blue is a nice break from "boring, same old same old".
You have to go back to the mk1 to get a variety of different colours.
Perhaps their way of thinking is a follow on from Henry Ford!

guest7893

• Topic Starter
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2018, 10:47:03 AM »
I agree Trebor!

SteveOne

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2014 Jazz ES+ CVT
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2018, 12:09:38 PM »
You could buy white and then wrap it.

guest7893

• Topic Starter
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2018, 12:45:29 PM »
You could buy white and then wrap it.

True true!  ;)

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2018, 01:50:08 PM »
I said previously, I like the orange but I'm not sure I'm brave enough to get orange!
I bought a Yellow Volvo, because my wife liked the colour. Turned out great. Never had a problem spotting it in a busy car park!

I am loving the personalised number plate!

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2018, 02:17:31 PM »
I had an orange Mk 3 Jazz - loved the colour which I first saw when on holiday in New Zealand. In addition to being easier to find in a car park, a benefit which I found when giving the vehicle its spring clean was how well the orange could swallow winter dirt without looking dirty. Altogether a much nicer colour than the boring blue of my HR-V (the only one that I could find as ex-demo with the spec I wanted). But the Milano red is also OK (and cheaper). I've never seen one which looked faded.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

guest7675

• Topic Starter
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2018, 03:06:30 PM »
My pearl white looks great with rear black limo tints and fronts have very light smoke many people looking at it and its not showing much dirt love the cvt box nice and relaxing to drive with power if needed, i did like the yellow which has been dropped in uk.

csp

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Average 63 mpg
  • My Honda: Platinum White Jazz e:HEV SR 2020
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2018, 04:30:25 PM »
My 2012 Jazz was Milano Red and then I bought the a Mk3 Jazz I decided on Orange and have not regretted it although I do like the blue metalic colours but prefer to put the extra cost towards paying for the auto version.

My wife was shocke when I said I ahd ordered orange but relly likes the colour.

Tags: