Author Topic: Radiator fan AC  (Read 837 times)

guest7808

Radiator fan AC
« on: July 15, 2018, 02:53:18 PM »
Hello
I have problem with my Honda Jazz 2009 1.2
when i turn key position 1, AC radiator fan start spin fast AC button is off, fan will stop when i turn off key.
I disconnected 2 sensor from radiator bottom side near AC compresor i think 1 is temperature sensor other is a AC pressure sensor, and temperature sensor near thermostat.
Fan will only stop wehen i turn off key. Someone can help me?
Sorry for my bad English

culzean

• Approved Member
Re: Radiator fan AC
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2018, 03:44:45 PM »
Sounds like your airconditioning control relay in fusebox may be stuck in the closed position,  This means that instead of relay contacts only closing when a voltage is applied to the relay coil by the ECU,  the contacts are stuck together and are passing power to aircon all the time. You will need to find the fusebox in the region of passenger glovebox and check the large square relay (normally black colour and about 20mm square).  you may need pliers to pull the relay as it is firmly plugged in.  There are two large flat blades on back of relay for the normally open contact (contacts are about 40amps capacity) and two smaller blades for the coil connection to energise and de-energise the relay contacts.  You can check with resistance setting on a multimeter - the two large contacts should be infinity reading (open) if they area low reading they are stuck closed, sometimes tapping the relay with a screwdriver handle or such will cause contacts to open if they are stuck.

The other thing may be that dashboard aircon button switch contacts have failed and are closed all the time.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 03:47:45 PM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Tags:

anything