Author Topic: Drivers Window  (Read 1266 times)

Izzy

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2008 SE Jazz
Drivers Window
« on: July 12, 2018, 08:11:17 PM »
On a couple of occasions the drivers side window when pressed to go up goes up a couple of inches then down this happens about three times before finally going back up it appears the one stop is not working correctly could this be a fault with the window switch any help would be appreciated.

culzean

• Approved Member
Re: Drivers Window
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2018, 08:47:16 PM »
On a couple of occasions the drivers side window when pressed to go up goes up a couple of inches then down this happens about three times before finally going back up it appears the one stop is not working correctly could this be a fault with the window switch any help would be appreciated.

Windows traditionally rely on the motor load to signal when they are up ( also safety if someone's finger or head is in the way of a rising window). There is a current sensor on the control board and sometimes if an overload is detected they will reverse. Sounds like windows are sticking in guides,  I would clean and lube the glass guides with silicone or PTFE lube ( don't be tempted to use traditional WD40 as it will gum them up).
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2018, 08:44:23 PM »
Agree with above. Clean the runners with warm soapy water and a brush. Operate the window when still wet to clean the glass edge, and get a soapy brush into the gap if possible. Rinse and leave to dry, then a light spray of silicone lube / release agent.

Izzy

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2008 SE Jazz
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2018, 10:33:07 PM »
Done as suggested working ok now
Thanks

Tags: