Author Topic: Honda Jazz 2018 "CTBA Radar" Hazard error on dashboard  (Read 32293 times)

donerkebab

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.3 SE
Honda Jazz 2018 "CTBA Radar" Hazard error on dashboard
« on: June 12, 2018, 09:11:37 AM »
Anyone getting the CTBA Radar hazard with thermometer coming up on dashboard? Was perhaps 25C max yesterday but she parked in direct sunlight. Assume nothing can be done apart from letting it cool back down?

Also assume all features with camera stop working or just City Brake system?

ColinB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz 1.3 SE manual in Milano Red
Re: Honda Jazz 2018 "CTBA Radar" Hazard error on dashboard
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2018, 09:20:07 AM »
CTBA is the "City Brake Active" system, ie the auto-braking system that operates at low speed and helps prevent you rear-ending someone in traffic. Incidentally it's camera or laser-based, not radar (unless they've changed it in the 2018 model ?). I think what you're seeing is a warning that the sensors in the windscreen pod are overheating and hence the system may not work temporarily. It's described in the handbook. Personally, I've never seen this overheat warning in 2.5 years of ownership, and have parked in full sun many times.

donerkebab

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.3 SE
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2018, 09:25:03 AM »
CTBA is the "City Brake Active" system, ie the auto-braking system that operates at low speed and helps prevent you rear-ending someone in traffic. Incidentally it's camera or laser-based, not radar (unless they've changed it in the 2018 model ?). I think what you're seeing is a warning that the sensors in the windscreen pod are overheating and hence the system may not work temporarily. It's described in the handbook. Personally, I've never seen this overheat warning in 2.5 years of ownership, and have parked in full sun many times.

Thats what I was thinking but it wasnt even really that hot yesterday - will keep an eye on it - thanks

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2018, 09:44:52 AM »

Thats what I was thinking but it wasnt even really that hot yesterday - will keep an eye on it - thanks

Does not bode well for driverless cars, imagine Dubai or Singapore heat,  and then the cold of Alaska or Norway.  Drivers may complain about heat or cold,  but they still function just fine  :-X  I am imagining hundreds of driverless cars pulled off the road because temperature went a bit too high LOL
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Skyrider

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.5 Sport CVT.
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2018, 10:11:27 AM »
I used my previous MK3 in 32°C ambient temperatures without problems but my auto headlight dip stopped working due to condensation in the sensor pod in cold damp conditions on one occasion.

ColinB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz 1.3 SE manual in Milano Red
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2018, 10:36:15 AM »

... my auto headlight dip stopped working due to condensation in the sensor pod in cold damp conditions on one occasion.

Yup, that’s been reported before, see this:
https://clubjazz.org/forum/index.php?topic=8887.msg46392#msg46392
And this:
https://clubjazz.org/forum/index.php?topic=9603.0

Hmmm, that’s odd, I remember another contributor started one of those threads. Would you be the contributor-formerly-known-as-Deeps ?

Skyrider

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.5 Sport CVT.
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2018, 10:40:03 AM »
Yes. My car was a Tangerine tornado, but is now a Blue beastie! :-)

The tornado bit was a real stretch of wishful thinking! The blue one would leave it standing!
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 11:09:55 AM by Skyrider »

Tags:

anything