Author Topic: Two batteries displayed on multi info display  (Read 2770 times)

doug

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2016 EX CVT
Two batteries displayed on multi info display
« on: June 08, 2018, 04:48:12 PM »
I'm away from home so don't have access to the manual to check. I had an interesting display on the MID, seemed to be two batteries with and arrow between them, these were not the car battery symbol, but looked more like AA cells, one larger than the other, one with about 50% bars the other about 25%. My phone was connected via bluetooth, and had around 50% charge. The main battery warning light didn't come one. After switching the engine off and on again the display went away, so I am none the wiser.

Any idea what this is or anyone have access to a manual to check (I have 2016 mk3 EX CVT)?

Thanks!

Ralph

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Previously owned a 2018 Jazz EX CVT
Re: Two batteries displayed on multi info display
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2018, 05:41:19 PM »
I'm away from home so don't have access to the manual to check. I had an interesting display on the MID, seemed to be two batteries with and arrow between them, these were not the car battery symbol, but looked more like AA cells, one larger than the other, one with about 50% bars the other about 25%. My phone was connected via bluetooth, and had around 50% charge. The main battery warning light didn't come one. After switching the engine off and on again the display went away, so I am none the wiser.

Any idea what this is or anyone have access to a manual to check (I have 2016 mk3 EX CVT)?

Thanks!

I think it’s the symbol to indicate that the keyless remote battery is week they’re supposed to last about 2 years before they need replacing

andruec

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: (ex)Jazz Mk3 EX-t
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2018, 07:23:58 PM »
Yeah, I got that symbol once and had a few 'funnies' just before my second service. According to my voltmeter the battery was still okay but after changing it (easy - takes about a minute) all has been fine.

doug

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2016 EX CVT
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2018, 11:40:42 AM »
Thanks - I will change the keyfob battery when I am home

Tags:

anything