Author Topic: Finding it hard to adjust...  (Read 6634 times)

ColinS

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 HR-V EX-Navi CVT
Re: Finding it hard to adjust...
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2018, 11:37:23 AM »
I nearly soiled myself the other day when the lane departure warning went off! Fortunately this is one feature you can disable.
Or you could indicate  :o

ColinB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz 1.3 SE manual in Milano Red
« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2018, 12:06:03 PM »
The final problem I really should have noticed on the test drive. There is a blind spot on the front A-pillars which is dangerous. I'm not excessively tall (6.1), but still have to have the seat back to some extent (still can't get squab support for this, by the way), and this probably makes it worse with an impression that is rather like looking through an admittedly large letterbox. Consequently, when at junctions, it is easy to lose traffic approaching from the left, and equally so to miss oncoming cars on the right when driving through bends. Doubt that there is anything that can be done, but it is a new one on me, and disappointing in a car that has been so well designed in other areas.
I believe the chunkier A-pillars on modern cars are a result of stringent crash-test standards. This isn't unique to the Jazz, I think it's common on virtually all cars that have high NCAP ratings (and why would you buy anything that didn't ?). You just get used to weaving your head side-to-side to check nothing's hidden behind the pillars at junctions and on corners.

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2018, 12:23:30 PM »
There is a blind spot on the front A-pillars which is dangerous.
I agree that having the A pillars so far forward (a side-effect of the big windscreen) means that they reduce the forward view but I think you'll consciously develop the habit of moving your head to look around the pillars.

Which is a shame, as we paid out for advanced servicing and extended guarantee.
As those are transferrable with the vehicle then the residual value should be reflected in what you get paid if you sell. I upgraded to the HR-V which has the good features of the Jazz but fewer of the deficiencies. Unfortunately, it's also more expensive to buy and less frugal to run.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2018, 02:15:38 PM »
I nearly soiled myself the other day when the lane departure warning went off! Fortunately this is one feature you can disable.
Or you could indicate  :o

Normally I do. This was on a deserted dual carriageway at 06.30 in the morning.

guest7675

• Topic Starter
« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2018, 02:08:32 PM »
I remember the old 1980s ford fiesta xr2 i had had A pillers which i was not keen on.

barcam

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Sport Navi CVT 2018
« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2018, 04:12:42 PM »
I remember my Seat Ibiza from 15 years ago, that had really bad blind spots front and rear. My next car, a Mazda 2 had great all round visibility. My last car a Ford Fiesta Ecoboost was not as good as the mazda but not bad.

For me I'm 6' 1" with long arms the Honda Jazz has excellent visibility on a par with the Mazda 2 but with the advantage of a higher seating position. I like the little quarter lights from and rear I think they help the visibility.

ColinS

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 HR-V EX-Navi CVT
« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2018, 06:53:17 PM »
The worst blind spot in my car is the front seat passenger.  Not only a blind spot, but often a moving blind spot.  I thought about moving the seat as far back as it will go and welding it there  :)

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #37 on: May 30, 2018, 08:49:34 AM »
The worst blind spot in my car is the front seat passenger.  Not only a blind spot, but often a moving blind spot.  I thought about moving the seat as far back as it will go and welding it there  :)

If the passenger is a driver themselves they tend to keep out of the way,  but having a driver as a passenger causes other problems  :-X  especially if you are a bloke and are married to them.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Tags:

anything