Author Topic: Strange bugs in software  (Read 1586 times)

csp

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Average 63 mpg
  • My Honda: Platinum White Jazz e:HEV SR 2020
Strange bugs in software
« on: April 29, 2018, 05:09:23 PM »
I have had a couple of strange bug with the Jazz display since the update was carried out at the last service in September 2017.

Rear parking sensor warning on screen when driving forward approaching object when there was nothing behind me. Stopping and swithcing the ignition on and off cleared this and so far it has not occured again.

Whilst driving along listening to DAB radio the radio went off and the screen cleared then the H start up logo apperared followed by "Anti-Thetf system warining and a message to say push the power button for 2 seconds to restart the system" After the restart I had to rescan the DAB stations but after that my stored presets were available. It happened this week but so far has not happened again when I have used the car.

Has any one else had these bugs occur?

ColinS

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 HR-V EX-Navi CVT
Re: Strange bugs in software
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2018, 05:44:50 PM »
Whilst driving along listening to DAB radio the radio went off and the screen cleared then the H start up logo apperared followed by "Anti-Thetf system warining and a message to say push the power button for 2 seconds to restart the system" After the restart I had to rescan the DAB stations but after that my stored presets were available. It happened this week but so far has not happened again when I have used the car.
This has happened to me twice since March 2016.  I've just reset it, as you did, and then forgotten about it.

mcderd

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX Navi CVT
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2018, 09:48:31 PM »
I have a third party unit in another car, it used to reboot when I was using the sat have, I upgraded the memory card for a faster one, not happened since, been a couple of years.

ColinB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz 1.3 SE manual in Milano Red
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2018, 10:51:52 PM »
I have had a couple of strange bug with the Jazz display since the update was carried out at the last service in September 2017.

Rear parking sensor warning on screen when driving forward approaching object when there was nothing behind me. Stopping and swithcing the ignition on and off cleared this and so far it has not occured again.

Has any one else had these bugs occur?
I thought that sounded familiar, so a quick forum search found that you actually first reported the spurious proximity warning in April 2016, and I had it once during the period when I was having trouble with the infotainment unit:
https://clubjazz.org/forum/index.php?topic=8051.msg39510#msg39510

The radio reboot sounds very similar to what was happening to me during that period as well, although I don’t recall seeing the anti-theft warning message (I usually got something about “Process system not responding”). There’s much more about issues with early infotainment system software in this thread:
https://clubjazz.org/forum/index.php?topic=7624.msg36052#msg36052

It sounds like you may still be on old software ... are you absolutely sure it was updated in Sept 17 ? It wouldn’t normally be done as part of the service unless you specifically complained about it.

csp

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Average 63 mpg
  • My Honda: Platinum White Jazz e:HEV SR 2020
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2018, 11:22:31 AM »
The dealer confirmed that the software had been updated when I picked the car up after the Sept 2017 sevice and there were changes to menu options etc which I noticed.
I will report the issues and ask for the software updates at the next service or before then if problems occur before then.
The version in the system now is OE.094.00.0021
The Kernel is build@HL14#2 Oct 2016
Since the car was delivered in Sept 2015 the Android Kernel has been updated since my Sept 2016 Service so that must have been done in Sept 2017

Tags:

anything