Author Topic: 'I want one'  (Read 1403 times)

coffeecup

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.4 i vtec i-shift

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
Re: 'I want one'
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2018, 01:22:52 PM »
Is the 117 bhp right? Thought the 1.5 produced 130?

Think I'm right in thinking that, in Thailand, the Jazz is seen as a young person's car. Wonder how it became an old fogey's car in the UK?

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2018, 02:38:53 PM »
Is the 117 bhp right? Thought the 1.5 produced 130?

Think I'm right in thinking that, in Thailand, the Jazz is seen as a young person's car. Wonder how it became an old fogey's car in the UK?

standard 1.5 in Thailand quoted as 115BHP, it says in article the RS does not get performance upgrade (more like the Jazz Si in UK, it looks faster but is not),  it is not a turbo and 1.8 Civic is only just over 140 ponies, but much nicer to drive than Jazz because of extra torque and much easier overtaking.

Maybe Asian youngsters (and American) have more sense than in UK,  also I don't think Vauxhall Corsa the mainstay of UK boy racers available in Asia.   Maybe Honda seen as expensive by our yoofs, but price is what you pay and value is what you get,  the sour taste of bad value lingers a lot longer than the sweet taste of low price does.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2018, 02:46:35 PM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2018, 08:52:57 PM »
It could well have the same engine as in the UK 1.5 Jazz but programmed differently to allow for petrol with lower octane (standard is 91 although 95 available) and/or higher ethanol content.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

Tags:

anything